Can' t find Firmware OpenWrt Install for FRITZ!Box 7330

Hello someone can tell me where I find the firmware openwrt install for the FRITZ! Box 7330th

That's just the update

I meant upgrade

Why do you think you need something else than the sysupgrade image?

1 Like

I assumed that you should first try on the installation possibility browser and this always failed so I can then upgrade via ftp without worry with sysupgrade

The steps to flash openwrt over a factory firmware are sometimes different (due to the varied and inconsistent manufacturing choices). As such, be careful to fully read everything on the wiki page - it is possible to brick your device if you do something incorrectly.

In general when writing directly to NOR flash, as you are here, the sysupgrade.bin should be used.

yes I know why I do not ask in the forum it is about the openwrt install for this model is missing

Are there any instructions out there that are calling for a *factory.bin?

I have a problem because I have no Firmware OpenWrt Install file Firmware
but only OpenWrt snapshot Upgrade for AVM FRITZ!Box 7330 (SL) i can install the same way

Can you please answer these two questions?

I can install the same way

There are for the AVM FRITZ!Box 7330 (SL) a testet LEDE-17.01.1.squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and
openwrt-18.06.4-lantiq-xway-avm_fritz7320-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin untested?

no *factory.bin

You don't need one. The same "sysupgrade" image is also useful for initial install.

As far as "untested," yes many builds are technically untested until a user tries them. The development team doesn't own or test on every possible hardware.

2 Likes

Oh well that's the answer I needed thank you

1 Like

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.