Can not install OpenWrt on Linksys EA7300 v2

does any one know how to update the openwrt.
I used opkg update and then updated and it messed up the router.
The version number shown in ssh is OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r18297-7e89421a7c but the download update image is not showing any version number nor the installation snapshot .
Are we supposed to update it regularly . I had issues with the internet going down randomly on this image...

Hi.

1. Don't update any package blindly: some can be updated safely, some will severely messed up, hang the router and brick it. The only true safe way is to reflash with a new custom factory image.
  2. snapshot images are build on a daily basis. You can only install/update packages on the fly. You can't severals days after. You must first flash the build of the day.
  3. snapshots images are not certified to work. While they do most of the time, you may encounter some builds faulty. I had in the past. Just go back to the previous one or wait for the next one.

So in short check for daily builds and install and try luck? My kids will kick me out when wifi goes off lol....How do i check the version?? i never knew if it was updated daily since the file on the firmware link doesnt say date or version
Preformatted texteg:openwrt-ramips-mt7621-linksys_ea7300-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.binPreformatted text

Just keep a stable 21.02.1, you will have nothing to worry about. Consider to install a snapshot only if you need it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.