Can I upgrade?

I have an IQRouter that I installed 23.05.0 into about a year ago and it is working fine. I'm considering upgrading to 23.05.3. I used the "software picker" to down load "openwrt-23.05.3-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin". Can I perform a one-step install and keep my [minimal] settings?

In many cases, the fastest/easiest upgrade leverages a cool package called Attended Sysupgrade

opkg install luci-app-attendedsysupgrade

from there, you can let this do the work for you and it will preserve your settings and installed packages while it does the upgrade. As always, make a backup first so you have it in case anything goes wrong, but this is a pretty reliable method of upgrading.

When I run "opkg install luci-app-attendedsysupgrade" I get
"opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-attendedsysupgrade"
Is it the same as what I already have in the GUI" ?

Do you already have it installed? Or did it not install because I forgot to mention that you need to update the package lists:

opkg update

If that doesn’t fix the issue, please show us the whole error.

I found the link that specifies the procedure but after installing I don't have any new option button(s) in the luci gui. Ok??

Check system > attended sysupgrade

Installing luci apps may require a router reboot (technically only invalidating luci's cache) to appear in the menus.

1 Like

Thank you to both of you. Brought me up-to-date with a lot less pain after a reboot .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.