Can I ignore -opkg errors from package manager?

Hi

I received a lot of errors like this:

uci: Invalid argument
Collected errors:
 * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/collectd is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/collectd-opkg.
 * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/luci_statistics is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/luci_statistics-opkg.

Can I ignore this?

usually, yes, this is not an issue. It is basically saying there is an existing configuration file for those packages.

If you performed a sysupgrade (maybe to 19.07.5 today) and kept your settings, the configuration files you had previously would still be on the device. Then, when you install the packages, it recognizes that you have existing config files and gives you the error (really more of a warning than an error).

5 Likes

...and a hint for you that the default settings for that package may have changed, and that a copy of the new defaults is helpfully provided you as the "-opkg" file. You might want to evaluate the possible changes that you might want/need to edit into your current settings.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you know what would happen if there was already -opkg from previous upgrade? I haven't tried it before as I tidy up things after upgrade, but the question just crossed my mind.

@Naftali

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

1 Like

I expect that the old file would be overwritten.

There is no reason to preserve the earlier non-applied defaults when a new version with possibly updated defaults is installed.

2 Likes