Can I have a switch's wired connections flow through my OpenWrt's VPN connection?

I have a cable modem supplying internet to my LinkSys WRT3200ACM's WAN port, which is running an older version of OpenWRT, 19.07.1. Really the only reason I run OpenWRT is because the OpenVpn client plays fairly well with my Mullvad VPN provider, which is great!

I recently ran some cat6a ethernet through my house and tied it all together in a 16-port Luxul AGS-1016 gigabit switch. Then I just ran a patch cable from the switch to a free port on the back of my router.

The result is that my wireless connections' internet traffic continues to run over VPN, but my wired connections' internet traffic does not.

What are my options for having both wired and wireless connections' internet traffic flow through the VPN that my router provides? Please let me know if I can post config info to help understand the setup -- I think I just did the basic config that Mullvad recommends for this but it's been a while.

Please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board; \
uci export network; uci export wireless; \
uci export dhcp; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru; \
ls -l  /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/* ; head -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/*
1 Like

Thank you for a prompt response; I'm sorry, it appears that I am incorrect: I did a quick sanity check before running the commands above, and at this time, both wired and wireless internet traffic seems to be going through my router's OpenVpn client connection to the Mullvad VPN servers. I wasn't sure if I should just delete this post.

I am certain this wasn't the case a few weeks ago when I performed the same test, but it could have just been issues with my VPN provider.

In the hour or so I set aside to research this, I will instead upgrade my OpenWRT firmware as was recommended in a few other threads! And hopefully you hear no more from me on this topic, otherwise I'll follow up with more details.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.