CALL of DUTY (Post Ghosts) fanatic: QoS / SQM advice?

Hey.
Nice to see you guys.
I've been told that Cake Queue Discipline is the best out there for COD.
Any comments?

Τι περιμενεις να σου πουν εδω?Αναλογα την συνδεση...τα ειπαμε στο τηλεφωνο.

Στο τηλεφωνο δεν ειπαμε αναλογα με την συνδεση, ειπαμε αναλογα με το Queue Discipline.

Please discuss things in English. This is an English speaking forum. If all the answers are in different languages, it will make it impossible for others that are searching for answers to similar problems to understand the discussion.

And to come back to your question, yes, Cake Queue Discipline is the current state-of-the-art in reducing bufferbloat. This will ensure that your latency in-game will be low, even when others are using the same internet connection.

1 Like

you're right Mushoz. Won't happen again. I apologize.

Sorry as Mushoz said...."And to come back to your quest, yes, Cake Queue Discipline is the current state-of-the-art in reducing bufferbloat. This will ensure that your latency in-game will be low, even when others are using the same internet connection".

Thank you both guys.
As you may have noticed I'm trying to start a trhread here for all FPS enthusiasts.
I'll appreciate your help.

What's your opinion on throttling. Does it help?

What about streaming services? I'm currently on Chaos Calmer with SQM and when streaming Twitch season I get a lot of frame drops. Does Cake better with this kind of traffic?

Also what packages do I need to make cake work on LEDE?

Just SQM. The newest version depends on cake and as kmod-sched-cake is available in the LEDE repo, it gets installed along SQM in LEDE.

Hallo all..

I've been trying to monitor my PS4 traffic with no success.
I've installed tcpdump but I can't find the correct command to pipe traffic to my windows pc running Wireshark.
All I want to do is to measure packet lengths.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am using cshark package....Wireshark for LEDE...it collects all the information you need.
https://support.cloudshark.org/openwrt/openwrt-cloudshark.html
https://support.cloudshark.org/openwrt/openwrt-install.html

1 Like

I've been trying to monitor my PS4 traffic with no success.
I've installed tcpdump but I can't find the correct command to pipe traffic to my windows pc running Wireshark.

it's not a matter of piping the traffic through, it's a matter of capturing the
traffic to a file and then copying the file to the windows PC running Wireshark.

If all you are looking for is packet sizes, then just running tcpdump and
capturing the text summary data should give you the packet sizes to analyze

1 Like

Thanks for your help guys and especially Knomax.
I was wondering if there is a "profiles" package where you can store your settings with a name and retrieve them as you please.

PS. BTW I know you don't give a s* guys but with cake my KDR is steadily increasing :slight_smile:

You can make the changes you want...make a back up....store it somewhere.
Make different changes.......make another back up.
When you want specific settings..just restore the back up you want.

Call of Duty WWII is out in 48 hours.
Hopes and expectations for lag free gaming experience :pray:

Use this ..
https://www.ayomaonline.com/security/analyzing-network-traffic-with-openwrt/