CAKE QoS Script (OpenWrt)

relaunch you in putty ./cake.sh

if you are not sure you can always do system startup cake at the bottom restart

my english is bad i'm french people lol

No worries. I understand French if you want to explain in DMs.

I ended up uninstalling the script to test if it was really the scrip that was causing issues or if it was bc I had upgraded to snapshot.

Removing the script fixed the connection issues.
I am out of my depth in knowledge configuring this script, so any tips or help. no matter how basic is much appreciated.

My router is a TP-Link Archer C60 v2.
Maybe it's too weak to handle the script?

I also don't understand how to configure the link layer adaption parameters.

Have a look at https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/traffic-shaping/sqm-details there is a whole section on linklayer adaptation, if you still have questions after reading that maybe open a new thread?

1 Like

Hello, is this configuration correct?

## Game ports (The script already has rules to prioritize "non-bulk" unmarked traffic like gaming and VoIP, which means that adding game ports is optional)
TCP_SRC_GAME_PORTS="1935, 3478-3480, 3074"
TCP_DST_GAME_PORTS="1935, 3478-3480, 3074"

UDP_SRC_GAME_PORTS="3074-3079, 3478-3479, 30000-45000"
UDP_DST_GAME_PORTS="3074-3079, 3478-3479, 30000-45000"
                    ## "SRC" = Source port | "DST" = Destination port
                    # Define a list of TCP and UDP ports used by games.
                    # Use a comma to separate the values or ranges A-B as shown.

Preformatted text

Hi xato the script create automaticly this rules for cs4 you dont need add this port for by example for be in cs4 for gaming :+1:

If you stream and add port 1935 to the rules he has never effect correctly

So what's the add game ports section for? I remove 1935 but the rest of the ports?

this is a section that I would leave empty if I were you afterwards, make it look good but if you play without even adding the ports you will see cs4 and as soon as you start the stream you will see cs3 appear

besides when I think about it you never sent me the configuration of the idir script which works well for you, I prefer to use this script quite simply because it is the one that suits me best I could never thank elan d enough wanted to create this script for me in nftables with some small ideas on my part, god bless him

I will try this script this weekend and tell you how it went. Now I have a new and good machine and I hope nothing will resist it​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ah good you have a new ps5 :+1::muscle::ok_hand:

ps5 no but I do have a nano pi4rs

1 Like

it's very rare.. now when I put my data in the script I run out of internet. with the previous one it didn't happen to me

Are you using docker on your r4s?

no, I am using clean 22.03 version only with mentioned packages

Oh ok i was asking because docker and veth sometimes cause issues when used at the same time…

1 Like

Holy sh!t.
:innocent:

You must be running 21.02 without firewall4/nftables?

1 Like

Hi @elan I'm currently using openwrt x86_64 in pc I destined to be my home router and it works great, but I was wondering as I have two network adapters for wan and lan, do I really need the veth? could there be a way of using your script without the veths?

ok, something I just noticed is that host isolation is not working correctly.. I have my download limited to 95mbps and started 2 downloads and 1 youtube video.. 1 download (battle.net) is at 6.59MB/s, the other downloads (steam) is at 2.59MB/s and the video is set to 1440p60 which is cutting constantly.. I would assume all 3 connections would be around 3MB/s each, but they are certainly not.

I thought the same thing @elan

Not sure that is your issue, but priority tiers are treated first, then if configured that way inside each priority tin per-internal-IP-fairness is enforced and then per-flow fairness. If your applications use different priority tiers than getting unequal throughput is expected.

Also:

The issue with streaming video of youtube and friends is that most streaming services do not pace out video data with a nice and constant rate, but rather try to rush a few seconds worth of video data to the client as fast as possible and then wait until the playback buffer reaches a certain low-water mark at wich point the client will again download the next segment from the server, again as fast as possible. And such a bursty transfer is much more likely to run against the fair capacity share ceiling, and collect some drops requiring retransmissions and some stutter.

Maybe post the output of tc -s qdisc from just before and after a repetition of the test with the 3 different traffic sources (to three different internal hosts).

thanks for the answer, I tried setting the video quality to auto which didn't go over 1080p and makes sense. I already downloaded what I wanted but will keep an eye for the qdisc output when I'm doing something similar.