Ca certificate generation

Thanks for the basic config though. It'll save me quite a few steps later.

1 Like

Do you have a smartphone with hotspot mode? That could be used to temporarily connect the router to the Internet.

1 Like

Why do you think that connecting to the smartphone hotspot will be any easier than connecting to the wifi I'm trying to access in the first place?

Amusingly, ca-bundle seems to install without error but nginix-ssl_arm_cortex throws the same exact error. Does it make sense at this point to try each architecture until I find one that works?

ETA: NVM, I think I see the problem. The arm cortex isn't the right cpu either. I'll update this when I get it straightened out.

A smartphone hotspot uses the simpler preshared key encryption. Unlike WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2-PSK is supported by the packages built in. It doesn't need any extra packages to connect.

2 Likes

OK, let me think about it. The other problem is my data plan is garbage, but I may be able to use another data plan tomorrow.

My original comment was based on a misreading of the repo structure. According to rpi fora, this is the architecture in question;

There is a package repo for it;

However, version specified is 18.06, and I'm on 19.07. Would I need to downgrade?

cat /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

This shows where the packages matching your installation are stored. opkg would download from these URLs, if it were online. To manually download, browse those directories.

Much like x86-64 can have an old version of Windows installed, the armv8 Pi 3B+ or 4 can run like an armv7, but the whole OS needs to be built for 32 bit then.

4 Likes

a-ha!

Luci should really print this somewhere close to the front, in really big letters, for dumb people like me

Yeah, the correct repos are listen in /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf file