Bypassing VPN for one device

His version of OpenWRT looks like not native. Furthermore additional repo should be used for this package.

Yes I have the davidc502 build. I think I will have to flash and take the openwrt

Ask David, or install native OpenWRT.

I saw that the OP was using a community build, check the build config seed to see what is built as a M package and would therefore available for installation. This package has been in the official package repository for a while now.

Edit: just took a look at that community build repo and the package is indeed there for installation.

I will have to install the openwrt....
Instead of Davidc502.. however his build is nice but I dont know how to have the package for VPN policy routing

iff the community build has it right, than I assume:

opkg update
opkg install --force-reinstall luci-app-vpn-policy-routing

would get the job done. Not sure how having done things manually might have an impact though.

But... imo you are on a better path by rolling your own, or installing a master or stable image, YMMV.

1 Like

i tried the opkg command, but i 've had an error....
you think last build would be good? the 19.01?

Post text of error. Your messages look like trolling.

My question may sound dumb put I'll ask it anyway.

When we install luci-app-vpn-policy-routing, do we do it on top of what we may have on our router (OpenVPN and ExpressVPN in my case) or those are two different things ?

In other words, can I use luci-app-vpn-policy-routing to root some devices out of VPN in my set up ?

Thanks

1 Like

You are exactly like me. I have expressvpn and I try to bypass some devices.

I don't know exactly, how default config of PBR is created. However if you configure it in LuCI, it should suggest you options configured in real-time, e.g. choosing interface from existing at the moment.

It worked now, the opkg force install.. last time it didn't work cause the first command the guy gave me was wrong..
The last one is the good one.

Btw I'm not trolling, I'm french, I'm really novice in that..
Voila

OK, so do you have policy-based-routing installed?

Via ssh it worked yes but still nothing in the gui.
So I will have to flash I think.. tonight or tomorrow with the last openwrt firmware..
Btw I really liked the David's interface.

OK, I don't know anything about David, so ask in that thread, how to install luci-app, corresponding to policy-based-routing package.

hi, so i flashed with the last open wrt build and I have access to the vpn policy routing :wink:

so now, maybe you could help me to configure?
thanks

1 Like

OK, can you find the file /etc/config/vpn-policy-routing?

Yes.. with winscp

OK, did you install corresponding luci-package?

1 Like

Yes I have the package

1 Like