Building v18.06.2 Failing (python error)

I am building v18.06.2 for compiling WAVE300 driver but the OpenWrt source fails compiling at wireless-regdb package saying:

File "/home/ahmar/build-tools/openwrt-source/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/wireless-regdb-2017-10-20-4343d359/db2fw.py", line 13
    print 'Usage: %s output-file input-file' % sys.argv[0]
                                           ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print('Usage: %s output-file input-file' % sys.argv[0])?

I have tried with make -j1 and also with V=s numerous times and same thing happens.

Is this supposed to happen? Can someone else confirm whether this is actually an issue or just happening with me? Thanks

Yes,
because python3 works differently than python2

That has been fixed later (also in 18.06, I think), but you are trying to compile an ancient version of the 18.06 branch. You should clean your build env and try 18.06.8

You should probably have python2 installed before you build the OpenWrt build tools.

Ps. note that it is really difficult to compile a kernel driver to an older build. Basically you need to build the kernel and the driver at the same time.

1 Like

Alright I understand now. The issue is that the last working driver was built against v18.06.2 so I have to start there and continue development to v19.07. Thank you for your timely response.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.