Building QEMU firmware-questions

Hello,
More or less i need some logistical help than actual help. Its not my first time to build firmware from scratch but issue i have is more a question than asking for help.

Issue is this, when i switch to v22.03.2 branch in git and compile firmware for qemu arm cortex a15 and try to run it, kernel file don't boot. When i get back to main branch, clean distro, and compile it, all work as suppose to. I didn't try image builder just clean build from git. No matter what i try to modify in branch v22.03.2 it won't work. (2 days of compiling without error in building, without working kernel)
Does anyone know is there any issue with that branch ? All so i noticed that compiled kernel that don't work is 200Kb+ lighter than from main branch (2.5Mb in contrast to 2.8Mb). i would appreciate some comment, insight or guide, because it bug me to recompile kernel all time with no update support.
Additionally if u know any way to make current snapshot build to update from openwrt repos would be nice :smiley: (that kernel mismach error.....)

… can only point to

for the second question (kmod compatibility).

1 Like

Ill try it in couple days and hope to post positive results.

all working but too much hustle and instability for some reason.... closing...

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.