Building image make errors

trying to build a tiny image for my tp-link wr841nd v7, i just need to install mwan3, nano and luci app (minimal), after selecting all package i need, i save the config and try the "make" command, this is the error i got everytime i try to build:

checking whether mknod can create fifo without root privileges... configure: error: in /root/openwrt/build_dir/host/tar-1.32': configure: error: you should not run configure as root (set FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE=1 in environment to bypass this check) Seeconfig.log' for more details
make[3]: *** [Makefile:32: /root/openwrt/build_dir/host/tar-1.32/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/root/openwrt/tools/tar'
time: tools/tar/compile#11.37#5.46#20.42
make[2]: *** [tools/Makefile:159: tools/tar/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [tools/Makefile:155: /root/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.tools_compile_yynyynnyyynyyyyynyynnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynyynynyyyynnyyy] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/openwrt'
make: *** [/root/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:218: world] Error 2

i have try to build with root and without root, also try to set the FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE=1 in my ".config" file, still the same error.
Thanks in advance.

Was the without root in another directory?

User a normal user from start ( clone ) to finish. From the beginning..... that means clone. All as a normal user.

If it fails again ...

include your OS
all the commands you used... from start to finish.
output of "mount" command in code </> tags

2 Likes