Building firmware

ciao!
how are you?
do you know why if I build an exact build firmware that it builds, but it is still different from the lede downloads.
Is it something the I have to add in some /etc/config/* files and configure before I built? Because everything is there but still the root is asking a password, the luci is installed pre-installed with the built image builder but the wifi and the lan and dhcp is not working. i am thinking some file are missing that I don't know where to find it out. is it in lede somewhere?
do you guys what it could be?

thanks,
patrik

ps: the build is perfect, the build the added packages everythign is pre-built, still the firewall, forwards, lan, dhcp is not working like the one in lede, how come?

please let me know if you know why it is.

thanks so much!
ciao!

even the lede :
lede-imagebuilder-17.01.2-mvebu.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz = 33,7 MB
lede-sdk-17.01.2-mvebu_gcc-5.4.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz = 45,1 MB

my build is smaller:
lede-imagebuilder-17.01.2-mvebu.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz = 31,3 MB
lede-sdk-17.01.2-mvebu_gcc-5.4.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz = 48,2 MB

What is missing?

i am using like this
make image PROFILE=$ROUTER_PROFILE PACKAGES="$(< /build/router/${ROUTER_PROFILE}/opkg-list-installed.txt)"

but i think i would have to add in FILES like:
make image PROFILE=$ROUTER_PROFILE PACKAGES="$(< /build/router/${ROUTER_PROFILE}/opkg-list-installed.txt)" FILE=/files

but where can I find the defaults from the LEDE files for the given routers? because by default they are not working they are all specific and i do not no them. :frowning:

ohh, i switched the ip addresss (route and ip address) it works, and it is perfect!
yahoo!!!

Hi ,

Can I compile sources ouside my home folder,?
For example on different drive letter.I have little space in my home folder.

i would use a ext root
https://pages.corifeus.com/github/lede-insomnia/ext-root.html

Thumbstick, I use a USB HDD. I cannot create a custom compile for home folder, i got enough work to make it work, right now with the signatures. Then I am done.

Which packages you want to add in that is not enough space with opkg install ?

It doesn't matter at all where you build LEDE, as long as you have read/ write/ execute permissions for your build user and enough free storage at your disposal.

yeah, i am thinking, you don't need /home, whatever space you have in the router, you can use it, regardless of the /home, the router knows the whole router free space.