Building a Bridge to VoIP

I see evidence of that in the third screenshot, where LAN2 has been pulled out of the "default" "group" and assigned to a custom group called "tel". That probably means to switch it to a VLAN on the WAN port. You need to look through the other settings for mentions of what else is in the "tel group". It's likely on the "Grouping Interfaces" page.

This would be a hardware switch / DSA configuration-- there is no need for other packages or really any CPU involvement with the phone packets once the hardware switch has been configured.

Thanks for the answer. There are no more settings for the interfaces, I carefully checked everything. And VLAN is not involved. Screenshot 2 shows that the VLAN checkbox is not checked.

Maybe the other tabs under Grouping? I think that group is their concept of switching different lans, i.e. vlans. A group would have to have more than one port in it.

Or it could be a local network like a guest network.

Hey all! I had a DM with a member and the suggestion was to peek into the ATA and see what happening there.

I think ATA should work on every OpenWrt lan port, but OP should find out what is the assigned IP address by the OpenWrt DHCP server and connect to the device using its web interface to see what is happening.

Interesting offer. But there is no VoIP gateway in the lists of wired clients. Only my computer is listed.

Linksys SPA2102 has a web interface??

I has an ip address, the device has your SIP account setting. What's hard about peeking into the device?

It seems (based on the screenshots) that the only goal of the tel group is to isolate the VoIP traffic from the LAN. It has a dedicated DHCP server in the 192.168.2.0/24 network (addresses from 100 to 199). Check the IP settings when the device is connected to lan2 of the ISP router and directly connected to the Internet. You can do this by dialing different codes using your phone.

If the settings are the same, you may really need a bridge.

It will be difficult to explain how to do this using LuCI, so please post the network configuration again, but this time run uci show network.

If no one else helps you before me, I will do it tomorrow.

1 Like

I forgot about that feature... I only spent a month on the Grandstream ATA..

It's crazy, but the phone works on any LAN except LAN2!
On LAN1, we managed to hear the settings:
Connection Type: PPPoe
IP: 10.82.40.30
Gateway: 5.3.9.126
Port:80
Firmware: 5.2.5

Indeed, the "bridge" type WAN interface br_eth_0_1 is grouped with all ports except LAN2.

Leo is this output you've posted tested on the Xiaomi w/OpenWrt?

This will bridge ports eth0 and eth1 on the wan side.

cp /etc/config/network /root/
uci del network.@device[0].ports
uci add_list network.@device[0].ports='eth2'
uci add_list network.@device[0].ports='eth3'
uci del network.wan.device
uci add network device
uci set network.@device[-1].name='br-wan'
uci set network.@device[-1].type='bridge'
uci add_list network.@device[-1].ports='eth0'
uci add_list network.@device[-1].ports='eth1'
uci set network.wan.device='br-wan'
uci commit network
/etc/init.d/network restart

If you want to restore the configuration:

cp /root/network /etc/config/
/etc/init.d/network restart
3 Likes

Thank you. But it didn't help. The "internet" light on the gateway is off. IP 0.0.0.0
I don't know, maybe DHCP should be done on eth1?

Of course, no. It is TPLink.

Move the cable from your ISP to eth1 to check if the wan bridge works.
Also post the the result of brctl show

Yes, works.

bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
br-wan          7fff.8cdef9037ba8       no              eth0
                                                        eth1
br-lan          7fff.b09575ba9cdf       no              wlan0
                                                        eth3
                                                        wlan1
                                                        eth2

The only explanation left is that ATA uses VLAN tagged frames. Download the tp-link configuration guide and check all the router's menus or call your provider and ask what the voice VLAN number used is.

3 Likes

I'm sorry. The phone worked, just not right away. Thank you very much!

One more question please.
If I have WIFI 2.4Hz and 5Hz with the same name, which network will the device connect to? How to make the 5Hz network have an advantage?

Have a peek here at what @clifcox demonstrates.
Adjust the power setting of each, strengthen the desired to be dominate.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.