Build for WRT3200ACM (Discontinued)

Yeah, I can sympathize.

Just make sure you define you PIA_VPN Interface. Then setup firewall rules for that interface, and make sure you set your DNS providers accordingly so that they are used when you are in the tunnel.

Read over the link I sent you has the basics of all those areas in there.

https://www.robertkehoe.com/2015/08/setup-openvpn-using-openwrt/

What I provided just saves you from having to define the openvpn profile (1-19, though you need to update your UN/PW), everything else still needs to be done.

Thanks for all the fast answers, support, and excellent builds!

If you are using something other than cron to update adblock lists every night, where would that be stored/located? (The n00b in me needs to know :slight_smile:

Just cron.

Here is the ablock page with documentation.

Okay I figured out what is going on :wink:

Tue Dec 20 19:15:36 2016 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'PIA' is enabled
Tue Dec 20 19:15:36 2016 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'tun0' link is up
Tue Dec 20 19:15:36 2016 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'PIA' has link connectivity
Tue Dec 20 19:15:36 2016 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'PIA' is setting up now
Tue Dec 20 19:15:36 2016 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'PIA' is now up
Tue Dec 20 19:15:36 2016 daemon.notice openvpn(pia_client_usmidwest)[9802]: /sbin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.XX.XX.26 peer 10.XX.XX.25
Tue Dec 20 19:15:36 2016 daemon.notice openvpn(pia_client_usmidwest)[9802]: Initialization Sequence Completed

The issue was, LAST MINUTE, prior to compiling I thought I would be a nice guy and add some details in the userpass.txt file so users could see the format they needed. Seems OpenVPN doesn't like this, and won't authenticate with that extra # entries. So remove everything from userpass.txt and only put your username, enter, then password.

I will compile one more build removing the template info in there, and instead I will add a userpass.txt-example file.

EDIT: let's try it again one more time. New build uploading now, same folder.

1 Like

@cybernook, would you mind sharing your SQM settings? Much thanks as always!

My internet is speed at home is 125/25.

So for SQM, I have:

All else is default, nothing set on Link Layer Adaptation.

@cybrnook Last thing and I'll leave you alone :slight_smile:

What are all those perlbase packages that are included for?

They come down as prereqs for the other packages, part of the base build.

Ah, ok. Thanks for all the help today and again for the excellent builds!

Updated the latest build, with the following changes:

• reverted adblock (and luci app) back to 1.5.4 (1.20 for luci) to let 2.0 pan out for now.
  • updated the openvpn_recipes to add the option of PIA 128 or 256 (removed engine "cryptodev" to let openvpn choose natively)
  • updated cron jobs to include (again) the adblock stats run every hour.
1 Like

@cybrnook Is this the Test build? Just curious why you decided to name it Test.

Also, for the life of me, I can't find where the rxxxx (release numbers, such as r2608) are coming from. Can't find them on LEDE's website anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind, reloaded Dropbox and magically the name of the folder changed :).

the rxxx numbers come from git:

So Everytime the buildbot builds a new "nightly" (no idea how often they are doing it nowadays) they bump the rxxxx number by 1? Or is it seemingly random (I.e. from r2608 to say r2626)

depending on how many commits are made that day, it could jump a little or a lot.

Btw, I was able to remove all the perl* packages successfully. The only dependencies they had were to each other.

I will leave them on mine, as make defconfig felt the need to add them as a dependency. I am sure something in there you have't found yet no longer works. But if it doesn't affect your day to day, then no harm no foul.

It's your build, make it however you want :smile: And it works great btw, thanks so much for sharing it and the great support!

But according to opkg, the only dependencies they had were to one another. I checked my logs and nothing wierd after removing them. And @david's builds don't have them.

I'm just OCD so I felt the need to remove them :wink:

To test this, I created a fresh.config file this evening (as I want to test a build with HW accel off but crypto enabled). From the options and packages I am enabling (Keep in mind, David's builds and mine are different and we enabled different things), perl is enabled again on mine as a dependency of another package. Just a heads up.....

Updated the latest build, with the following changes:
head r2637
latest mwlwifi driver 1222
updated adblock to bugfix release 2.01
removed HW acceleration for openssl
set some defaults upon initial flash:

• openDNS (ipv4/ipv6)
  • hostname (capricorn)
  • default lists in adblock
  • time zone to my local (America/Detroit)

This is fixed in the latest release.