Build for WRT3200ACM (Discontinued)

That link for @davidc502's builds you provided is out of date. There is a newer build.

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/releases/

Keep in mind, unlike @cybrnook's builds, all of @davidc502's builds are built from the "BETA" branch as @cybrnook calls it.

@cybrnook Thank you for everything you have done for us, and for the countless builds! I'm sure I'm not the only one who greatly appreciates all of your hard work!!

2 Likes

@cybrnook,

Since @davidc502 only builds from the "BETA" branch as I had mentioned before, would you consider making new "STABLE" branch builds maybe once a month, or at least every time a new official LEDE version comes out?

Yes, you are right! I do greatly appreciates all of cybmook's hard work!!
Thanks indeed!

Thanks for the hard work, much appreciated.

Thanks cybrnook, you kept hope alive !

anyone interested in an auto-compiled daily mvebu build, similiar to cybrnook's, check here : Autobuilt images for WRT1200AC, WRT1900ACv1, WRT1900ACv2, WRT1900ACS, WRT3200ACM

Thank you much! Now off to play with some raspberry pi's and retropie :slight_smile: (Wife can at least enjoy that too )

Can someone verify this scenario: simply run ping to the router over wifi (ping -n 9999 192.168.1.1). It should produce something around 1ms. But if you will run some background task, like youtube video, or other stream, or download, the ping rises for me to 30-80ms on Lede, while on stock firmware it is still mostly 1-3ms.

I think, this also affects ping in games, which is critical.
I also notice that if I load the router's CPU, the latency lowers, this might mean that latency is caused by CPU transition from some sleep state or something.

@onja

That's called bufferbloat. Thats what SQM is for.

Hey, that's what SQM is against :wink:

2 Likes

SQM doesn't help, seems like I have this issue:
https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/74

Hey, looking to upgrade from a netgear 3800 to a Linksys either 1900acs or 3200acm. Is there a stable wifi build out for the 3200acm yet or are they still all pretty flaky while proper drivers get distributed?

Long story short, still pretty flaky for 3200. 1900(ACS) is pretty solid, as well as the older 1200, and 1900acv1 has reboot issues.

Awesome, thanks for that. This may seem like a daft question but is there a timescale on what we think may be stable 3200 builds

Just follow threads in here, and the mwlwifi driver commits: https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/commits/master

Just a note, took over a year to get the WRT1900ACv1 stable enough to be a daily driver (and now its broken again)

So plan your purchase accordingly.

If I was in the market for a router I'd get the one I did wrt1200ac v2 for 75 bux or for all the wifi features and a lil more the netgear r7800 for 200 bux I suppose.

I got those both (and some) for sale (US only):

Couple builds up with latest driver......

3 Likes

@cybrnook, thought it was dead. Thanks!

Thanks for the hard work again but since you have discontinued the project, I am now on Gargoyle Ispy build. Very stable.