Build for WNDR3700v1/v2 / WNDR3800 (discontinued)

I am having a similar problem with the newest build (r5444), but in my case the router works perfectly until I turn on any wireless adapter. After turning on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz connection I lose the ethernet connection to the router and it enters a boot loop.

Works fine with the OF and LEDE 17.01 r3600, though.

I have wndr3700v4. I know this thread is not for it but still i have news. 10 minutes ago i rebuilt latest trunk and 5 GHZ works without problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

lede-r5485-d23e1e1e1a-20171209

Openwrt/LEDE merge is apparently progressing finally, and the LEDE source code has got OpenWrt branding during the last few hours.

Thus the newest LEDE build is already branded as "OpenWrt".

I assume that the old dormant OpenWrt codebase gets retired soon, as the LEDE codebase replaces that. I removed the download of the old trunk OpenWrt build, as there really isn't any reason to still use that with WNDR3700/3800.

@anon20279570

Would You like to share Your image with us?

Thanks in advance :+1:

Of course. But you must know that i have included patch to use 128 MB NAND.
Please read this thread LEDE on WNDR3700v4 (available flash size)
Use this at YOUR own risk!
If you still want to use this image, make backup first of your caldata partition

dd if=/dev/mtdblock2 of=/tmp/caldata.backup
dd if=/dev/mtdblock10 of=/tmp/caldata_backup.backup

sysupgrade

factory

Use this at YOUR own risk!

1 Like

@anon20279570

Thanks - a nice project during my vacation :slight_smile:
Will post feedback!

Saludos

Hi @hnyman
I want build kirkwood (EA4500) under your build environment WNDR3700/WNDR3800
it that ok?
thanks

Feel free to copy and modify the build scripts.

ok I got it
thank you ! @hnyman

Hi @hnyman
I found the internet speed on your previous build environment with fastpatch are more fast than your new ones
Did it happen to you ?
thanks

I briefly tested fastpath a few months ago, but did not get enough benefits and wanted to keep sqm, so I dropped fastpath from the build. Haven't tested it for a while

OK, I got it
Thank you @hnyman

I'm looking at using my WNDR3800 as a wwan router.
I'm just wondering which mobile broadband protocols the device could work with.

I could use the list on the DD-WRT site to look for an appropriate device.

You can install pretty much any normal Openwrt/LEDE package into the router. As it has one USB port, many USB based mobile phone dongles should work ok. My build includes rudimentary support for USB-based 3G-dongles (luci-proto-3g, kmod-usb-serial, kmod-usb-serial-wwan, usb-modeswitch), but if your dongle will require any additional kernel support, you need to compile the firmware by yourself (or use a release build).

Will WNDR3700v4 have linux kernel 4.14 support?
And does new WPA3 standard need additional hardware or is it just a software update?

No idea about that router, as this thread is only about my build for WNDR3700v1/v2 / WNDR3800

@hnyman

hi Hnyman
I got following error message while excuting hnscripts/updateNmake.sh

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
net/wget/Makefile
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

I tried git stash && git pull && git stash pop,but I'm not sure this is ok

please help me
thanks

You need to do that in feeds/packages directory, as the conflict is that repo.

And depending on your repo's status, it may be easier just to reset the changes to wget, as there are currently no special changes in my build. You might try in feeds/packages:
git reset HEAD net/wget
git checkout -- net/wget

it works,awesome !
thank you very much my idol!

I am about to switch the WAN on my WNDR3800 to a 4G USB stick using NCM protocol so need some kernel additions as described on https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/ethernetoverusb_ncm.
Alas, considering the previous discussion about kernel modules (below) it seems I need to switch away from your build. I'm not into compiling myself so have found the official LEDE firmware links here https://lede-project.org/toh/hwdata/netgear/netgear_wndr3800.

Is this the way to go or would you recommend some other build?
Is this build similar enough to yours so that a sysupgrade would work?