I have built a rather minimalistic build for WNDR3700v1/v2 & WNDR3800 focusing just on the features I need. This is pretty much the basic IPv6 enabled router setup matching the WNDR3700v1/v2 & WNDR3800 hardware without too much additional fancy stuff.
The build is based on the master branch and the new stable 19.07 branch.
|stable openwrt-19.07||owrt1907-r11164-de1693e56f-20200804 (ath79)|
WNDR3700 firmware downloads are available in Dropbox:
Download site: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t52c02rm20y8x9p/AABwMXTuLX6BGqC8-PDj-F7oa?dl=0
I only upload the versions after successfully flashing my own router, so the build has at least that much quality assurance process.
Full configuration and source code diffs included, in case somebody wants to utilize info in own builds.
See the patch files included in each build's download directory.
Good ipv6 support is now standard in Openwrt/LEDE, so I am dropping the IPv6 from the title. Documentation for the ipv6 configuration can be found at http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6
- LuCI with HTTPS SSL support
- USB storage automounting
- Support for various file systems to enable most drives: ext2/3/4, FAT, HFS+, CIFS/SMB, (NTFS read-only)
- WiFi button works to toggle Wifi on or off
- WPS button works to enable automatic Wifi-authentication with WPS-enabled devices
- Reset button works
- IPv6: tunnel support for 6in4, 6to4 and 6rd included in the build.
- QoS for traffic control The 'sqm-scripts' package is included, but initially disabled, as max speed needs to be adjusted to WAN connection speed
- DynDNS support, also in LuCI
- Adblock package (initially disabled)
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) LuCI module
- Nano text editor
- EFI/GUID partitions supported
- ccrypt package included for file encryption
Note: these packages are NOT in v1, but only in v2 and 3800 in the master build:
- adblock nlbwmon tree wget, fs-cifs fs-hfsplus fs-ntfs, Wake-On-Lan, UPnP, patch, diffutils, Material theme, Openwrt2020 theme
- r35964: added script helping to reinstall add-on packages after sysupgrade.
- r36467: iptables-mod-ipsec (and kmod-ipt-ipsec) included
- r39183: WPS pin code set to the original value given by Netgear in the label at the router's bottom
- r48730: Add support for 'adblock' with LuCI interface (adblock is initially disabled)
- r49379 Change Luci to use Openssl instead of Polarssl
- April 2019: vsftpd removed from the build. VSFTPD FTP server package with TLS/SSL support (access initially disabled by "local_enable=NO" in vsftpd.conf)
Note: As I build with standard kernel options, the release and snapshot modules should be compatible with my builds, in case somebody wishes to add modules to my build.
Note: A special version of my firmware that has the mtd write-protection removed from u-boot, u-bootenv and art partitions is available in subdirectory art_partition_binary_contents / firmware_with_no_write_protection. That enables you to edit/overwrite u-boot and art. That is highly dangerous and can permanently brick the router. But it might still be needed at some recovery operation...
---- Instructions for re-creating my build environment are in the next message ----