Build for WNDR3700v1/v2 / WNDR3800 (discontinued)

No.
Different hardware...
You are mixing wndr3800 and wndr3700v4(?)

Netgear marketed several different hardwares as wndr3700, but only wndr3700v1, wndr3700v2 and wndr3800 share the hardware that this build supported.

Thank you for your reply!

I think you are correct and I got mixed up about the 3700 and 3800. Too many models and versions of different devices jumbled in my head, after awhile things start melding together and get jumbled up! Well, bummer that it can't be built for the 4300, but thank you anyways, I do appreciate it.

Hi, @hnyman!
Can you say something about TP-Link Archer AX73?
OpenWRT cannot be installed on it, judging by the BCM6750 + BCM43684 hardware platform, but it is close to and even surpasses the Linksys E8450 / Belkin RT3200 in other characteristics. It's cheaper here.

No comments about that. Not related to my WNDR3700 build or my current devices. Ask in the hardware advice threads, please.

I apologize.
Now on the topic:
I observed disconnections of wireless clients on the last master build and I had to go back to the stable build 19.07.8 (official, because your build is outdated), where this is not observed.

The logs contain entries similar to this topic:

Hi @hnyman .
As described in How to Build a Pure RAM Firmware? - #19 by n43e125
I would like to build a pure RAM image for WNDR3800.
With the help of your latest post, I'm able to load the initramfs via TFTP.
But there is one problem, the loading is only possible via LAN port.
Will it be possible to use WAN?
Maybe some uboot modification is needed, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm using the uboot from what you shared, assumed to be the original uboot.
Do you have any clue on how to improve the uboot so that it can support TFTP loading via WAN?
Thank you.

No idea, sorry.

there is nothing stopping to to compile an image
that when booted uses the lan port you want as a wan port
after booting

The official uboot support only eth0 for TFTP. My idea is to load initramfs from wan (eth1).
Although it will polling to eth1 after timeout of eth0, it always says FAIL on eth1.

Your quest has nothing to do with this (discontinued) community build, therefore it would be better to discuss this elsewhere (new thread).

However, the question remains... why...

• old device
  • risky bootloader changes required
  • for what gain...
    • recovering needs manual onsite intervention anyways (powering on with the reset button pressed)
    • ...and shouldn't be a regular occurance (or you're doing something very wrong)
1 Like

you misunderstand me
make your image use eth0 as the wan port after booting

Hi @hnyman!
I wanted to download owrt2102-r16281-6f8143fa4a-20210902 build, but the folder is empty.

Now the files are there.

1 Like

hnyman,

Thanks, I was also looking for that build to do a final flash for my V1. While mostly retired, I use mine as a sandbox for config changes before I implement on main router.

Just a question, does this final 21.02 build include DSA support for WNDR3700? I think I read support was limited to certain devices at one point, but not sure in timeframe of releases etc.

This build was also my first openwrt build, thanks for the years of support.

No, there is no DSA support in ath79 (except for one single device, I think).

Hi.
I have a couple of 3700v2, and they are not used anymore. I keep them as backup devices (in case of a main router failure) and as testing purpose (mesh for example).
Despite knowing your builds for a while, I have never gave them a try.
Well I just did, and I must confess this is an outstanding work. So much packages and efficiency in such a small image, congratulations. Bad news is that your work is discontinued now ? At least I've seen it in extremis.

Like I said in July, the router got old and smallish.
I have replaced it with RT3200 (E8450).

Impressive technology jump, like from a handglider to a jet plane :wink:

Yeah, but I still keep R7800 as my main router.
RT3200/E8450 is suitable to be the secondary plaything :wink:

And WRT3200ACM sits on the bench with its abandoned wifi driver :frowning:

Hello hnyman, thanks for your work, but i just tried to renew your build enviroment (2102) I used the WNDR3700....newBuildRoot.sh script, then owrt2102/hnscripts/updateNmake.sh and I'm getting an error. Can you help me pleasse? I tried on latest Debian 11, and Ubuntu 20.10 (using VMWARE Workstation 16.1.2)

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/tools/sed' make[4]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/build_dir/host/sed-4.8' make[5]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/build_dir/host/sed-4.8' make[3]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/tools/tar' make[3]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/tools/patch' make[2]: *** [tools/Makefile:159: tools/tar/compile] Error 1 make[4]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/build_dir/host/patch-2.7.6' make[5]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/build_dir/host/patch-2.7.6' make[4]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/build_dir/host/patch-2.7.6' make[5]: Entering directory '/home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/build_dir/host/patch-2.7.6' make[1]: *** [tools/Makefile:155: /home/phsnake/OWRT/owrt2102/staging_dir/host/stamp/.tools_compile_yyynyynnyyynyyyyyynyynnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynynyyyyyyyy] Error 2