Build for Netgear R7800

Does it mean latest master compillations do not have SQM? If so what is the latest build with SQM?

You need to get either master or stable openwrt-18.06 in order to be able to get packages easily.
For compiling read the first post by @hnyman. There is instruction on how to create environment.

1 Like

Thanks I'll try if I can't do this or I ask or I roll back!

The new mainline (in-kernel) SQM packages require at least kernel 4.19, while ipq806x/ master is currently still on 4.14; this is a temporary issue.

Personally I've been running kernel 4.19 on my nbg6817 (with USB support) for a while now, so the remaining issues are solvable.

i think if you want an easy life with package installation etc you should just install the 'official' build from openwrt: https://openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_fwdownload?dataflt[0]=supported+current+rel_%3D18.06.4&dataflt[Model*~]=R7800

and then install the packages that you want.

1 Like

I think the same! :smiley:
What about a future upgrade? I have to re-install all or I can backup the configuration, upgrade and then load old configuration?

it probably depends, usually it keeps the old configuration but it will lose the packages so you have to reinstall them.

Thanks, what is the best method to downgrade to 18 from 19? I tried with tftp but I can't go it anymore

Simply sysupgrade.
If sysupgrade complains about not having the correct metadata / "flash generic", you can override the warning. (I don't remember if the R7800 router id was changed between 1806 and 1907, so this advice might be quite unnecessary)

And TFTP flashing always works. It is in uboot bootloader, quite independent from OpenWrt. You need to use the factory image for the TFTP flashing.

2 Likes

So I can install the sysupgrade image and not the factory?
The funny is that not enter in tftp mode. I'll try with sysupgrade. Yep I'm using the factory for tftp

Turn the router off, press the reset button, turn on, and wait until the power light starts blinking white, release the reset button.

1 Like

Yep, like the last time but now not happen, I tried a lot. Right now, power, keep reset then power on, start with amber fixed then start blinking, then white fixed and then blinking, here I release the reset and when the ping return start tftp but start flashing amber but more frequently and tftp say timeout. I only noticed that there's 2 timing for the white when start blinking first one slow second one more fast

Just in case: did you set your computer IP manually? There is not DHCP server in this mode.

It may depend on the TFTP client. I noticed a year ago that tftp2 did not work any more with the r7800 image, at least not reliably. I started to use tftpd64 as the client in Windows.

Yep, I really don't know what happen, but I resolved with sysupgrade, I hope is the same, I want to be sure that I start from scratch, without any possible problems.

It's strange because is the same tftp client that I used to switch from ddwrt to openwrt, but maybe is like you said, is the only reason now. Btw I used the sysupgrade and worked. I notice that now the router is faster, respond very quickly, before some times freeze for some sec.

I also notice that YOU NEED TO HAVE CABLE CONNECTED
If for some reason nothing is connected to the router switch the tftp mode crash (a reboot fix the problem)

Cable always connected, but ...
Thanks but resolved with a sysupgrade

@hnyman
Hi, when I tried your version I saw a very nice statistic with pie graph. I just installed luci-app-statistics but I see only rectangular flat stat. I can't find a way to have the round one.

What I miss?
J

luci-app-nlbwmon

3 Likes