Build for Netgear R7800

I thought 18.06 had kernel 4.14, did I miss that being rolled back?

No, my bad. Just remembered the original 18.06 after branching
It has now 4.14 for ipq806x

The openwrt-18.06 branch for ipq806x is on kernel 4.14.

1 Like

Yea I believe hnyman was just summarizing recent changes. OpenWrt 18.06 will ship with kernel 4.14 and flow offloading to the best of my knowledge.

Upnp isn’t opening ports for some PS4 games I.e 3074, I have enabled

Enable IGDv1 mode
help Advertise as IGDv1 device instead of IGDv2

As I understand PS4 uses this, am using your build 18.06 r7009, on older builds up to the 18.06 branch it was working ok.
Regards

1 Like

Nothing to do with the build itself. Please open a topic-specific thread.
I am not sure if that setting is quite equal in master and 18.06

Ok will try master, thanks if still issue will open another thread
Thanks

I have the same issue, PS4 is having issues on newer versisons, it began a bit before 18.06 in master. I had to revert to 17.01 or to a older master revision.

The miniupnpd options handling was modified some tmie ago. You might chaeck the changein the packages feed soruce repos and compare 18.06 and master.
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/master/net/miniupnpd

But nothing regarding that is modified in my build, so just check your settings against the current options, and if necessary, open a bug issue at the packages repo.

I went with the LEDE 17 branch and betterspeedtest.sh shows 700mbps upstream and 70-100mbps downstream. The SQM or any sort of bandwidth limiter isn't on. The only thing I added since flashing via TFTP, were some port forwards. My ISP's techs say the modem is running at full power.

Hmm. Maybe betterspeedtest.sh is broken or doesn't function properly on this router? Is there a more reliable inside-router speed test?

Looking for some advice regarding TFTP flashing from the smaller partition...

I have flashed to my router R7800-owrt1806-r6987-dd49c62611-20180601-1918-sqfs-factory; to upgrade to the larger image, would I need to TFTP the upgrade.sys image, or the factory one and essentially flash from the start again?

Netgear's TFTP flash routine only accepts the factory image.

There is no change in settings in the partition size change, so you can backup your settings before the flash, and then after flashing restore the settings from the new firmware.

1 Like

So it's possible to migrate my settings this way from LEDE branch into 18.06 branch without the dreaded memory corruption that DD-WRT people always cry about?

No memory corruption here...

With R7800 there aren't yet any major differences between master, 18.06 and 17.01 settings. So you should be able to transfer settings via backup.

1 Like

Is it normal to have load averages this high (1.12, 0.54, 0.20) on the OpenWrt 18.06-SNAPSHOT r6987-dd49c62611 build? I want to make sure I haven't done something in error - seems a little high in some instances with core #0 running at 90% throughout the day.

No, that is not normal.
But some users have been recently complaining about nlbwmon, that it hogs CPU for some reason. Check with top or htop the processes that hog your CPU.

I tried to install wireguard on the latest master and get the following errors. Does anyone know if wireguard will be available to use in the near future? Thanks

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-proto-wireguard:
 * 	kernel (= 4.14.48-1-47d555b398abe846cb336a34dce0787b) * 	kernel (= 4.14.48-1-47d555b398abe846cb336a34dce0787b) * 	kernel (= 4.14.48-1-47d555b398abe846cb336a34dce0787b) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-proto-wireguard.

Kernel modules need to match the running kernel exactly, with custom builds (be it your own or hnyman's) that is unlikely to be the case. This leaves you with 43 options:

• convince hnyman to build wireguard
  • switch to official release builds
  • switch to official snapshots and make sure to install all necessary kernel modules (rather) soon after the sysupgrade (as old kernel modules for obsoleted snapshots will go away, no longer after a day, but they'll still vanish)
  • build the firmware yourself, including all packages and kernel modules you need.

10-4 thanks

So 17.01 is the latest stable build? 18.06 is still to be released?