Build for Linksys EA9500

Uploaded new alpha build. Only try it if you know what you are doing :slightly_smiling_face:

I'm expecting the port to port networking to now work without issues.

On other note, I'll be submitting an updated kernel patch revamping the device tree to use pinctrl as well as define partitions. Then, submit a follow-up patch to enabled builds in Openwrt.

Then probably I can finally stop making custom builds.

3 Likes

I'm currently running the newest (5th of May) build.
After flashing it once through the GUI(including factory reset), my WAN had the correct internet IP and DNS, however none of my devices could talk to the internet (nor ping anything outside of the 192.168.1.x range)
Flashing it again (same way, including factory reset), WAN is now working.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to connect to any wired LAN devices from other wired LAN devices.

My laptop (wired, port 1) to my NAS (wired, port 2) can't ping each other.
My laptop (wired, port 1) cannot ping my SmartPlug (wireless, 2.4g)
My NAS (wired, port 2) cannot ping my SmartPlug (wireless, 2.4g)
My laptop (wired, port 1) cannot ping my other laptop (wireless, 5g)
My laptop (wireless, 5g) can ping and connect to the NAS (wired, port 2).
My laptop (wireless, 5g) can ping my SmartPlug (wireless, 2.4g)
My laptop (wireless, 5g) can ping my other laptop (wireless, 5g)
The router can ping and see all devices.

Not sure if this is relevant, but under Network > Interfaces, I see all interfaces seperately again. In the working configuration, all I saw was LAN, WAN and WAN6

I'll refrain from flashing it back so that if you @npcomplete want me to run some diagnostics, I can :slight_smile:

One more finding just now:
I normally use nano as my text editor. However, opkg install nano told me there was no such package.
I noticed there were 2 sources listed in distfeeds.conf (bcm53xx/generic/packages and arm_cortex-a9/base). I have added arm_cortex-a9/packages and then I could opkg install nano (after updating).
I am not sure if this is the right way, and I have not checked or compared to the distfeeds.conf from other builds.

1 Like

Thanks for the tests, run this command from ssh:

bridge vlan del dev br-lan vid 1 self

Let's me know if you see any improvement

Also, before you try this, I'm sure you are waiting enough time to let router figure out everything.

Regarding the packages, I never make any changes to that file. So it must be whatever openwrt devs have changed

Hi @npcomplete, sorry for the late reply. I have tried everything and every information that i can get from this website and your blog but I am still unable to revert back to factory. Openwrt is ok, I can install your builds (God Bless U) also Hurrian builds but cannot revert back to factory.
Please help help and thank u

I'm not sure how to help you unless you want to ship me your router :smiley:
It is not that hard. I think you are missing something which is quite simple.

Hi, when I try to revert to factory the router goes into a restart reloop, but with openwrt it the opposite, I get a working openwrt router on both partitions. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: really strange and to make matter worse I have 2 linksys ea9500 router with the same problem.?????????

Two routers and same behavior - It only confirms my doubts. Can you send me screenshots of

1. tftp utility transferring the Factory.trx file
  2. CFE console showing it is reading the file
  3. CFE console that you are flashing to both partitions

HI thanks for the quick reply. the tftp utility I am using is tftpd64 by jounin.net and putty. and the cfe console reading the file i shall send it to as soon as i get home
thanks

Hi, this are the readings u requested I hope they provide the information u need.

https://pastebin.com/NGD2bifv

https://pastebin.com/p544NUaz

first pastebin is when flashing and second is after rebooting

thank you

I'm not sure how but your one of your wifi chips connected to one of your pcie lanes isn't working or is dead. Factory firmware is crashing and hence the boot loop.

Can you paste the log from first router?

Hi this are the reading for the second router

https://pastebin.com/cA89kSY9

https://pastebin.com/tHPpCJpB

thank you

This is indeed a bad news, both the router's one of the wifi chip is toast (there are three in total). This is quite unusual. I need to know which Openwrt build you tried?

I see that Factory firmware just fails to load. What happens when you run Openwrt? Do see atleast two radios detected?

I just install your latest build 20200505 and i get radio0 and radio1 and before i had Hurrian last build and i was using it as openwrt dumbap, both radios worked fine.

Hi, I'm using your last build and it work perfectly. I was have same problem with wan and i tryed everyting with firewall etc., i just type reboot from cmd and it was ok. Also my router has broken radio (boot loop on factory firmware), when i find free time i will try fix this. Thanks for your work!!!

Thanks for letting me know. For now I have removed the alpha build. This was not expected at all. Although, nothing has changed that will break the wifi chip.

In my case device was demaged. Third radio is visible by lspci, and i try to flash chip by jtag or its something else.

I don't think it is damaged, I believe some nvram entries were corrupt. Hence the initialization of the device may have failed.

@sztraus Can you send me the nvram entries?

nvram show > /mnt/usbdrive/nvram.txt

Then send me the nvram.txt by private message?

I also sended to you kernel.log because I see this "Exception stack(0xc782bfb0 to 0xc782bff8)"
and "mtd7: Failed to register NVMEM device"