Build for Linksys EA9500

? You don't have the radios in the units ?

They are in the unit. They wont show up properly in the firmware.

In openwrt either?

Stock firmware could be getting stuck trying to load the broadcom firmware for radios it can't find, then hitting that kernel panic. Just a thought.

Thanks for the help, and please let me know if there is anything you need me to do or test as this is not my main router at the moment so I don't mind being a guinea pig for this issue.

and as I'm sure you aware from the post you made I did test the firmware and I am still capped at around 500 like you found as well

1 Like

Yes. Same in openwrt. 1 unit is missing a 5mhz in openwrt and 1 unit is missing a 2.4mhz

the long way;

I'd be reverting to stock.... then get a dd post reset.... pre firstboot with an initramfs image.....

diff that with the post firstboot dd's and you'll likely find some hints on how the oem system initialises the wifi firmware partition / metadata....

the quick way.... web search like crazy on that manufacturers techniques worldwide with vagely related issues on similar hardware....

if you haven't tested with 18.0.6.1 that would be worth a test too... because something changed in the wifi subsystem detection.....

Make sure to set:

Radio 1: 44Mhz
Radio 3: 153Mhz

Can you include the TCP congestion algorithm BBR and/or YEAH?

Ah, I thought I added it and got distracted by bandwidth issues. Will upload a new build soon.

Stupid question. Where do you input these settings? I dont have any of these choice for radios

network -> wireless -> radio{0,1,2} -> edit

So it wasent a stupid question then lol. Problem is, i dont have these frequency available when i edit. I will try to reflash using your latest build and report back

So, it seems it is unlikely that the 500Mbps cap will go away in near future. Because of some of the components in the broadcom chips are not supported. This makes current implementation use software version of checksum algorithm instead of hardware (built-in chip). So, checksum takes a lot of time to process each packet.

More details here: https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2186

1 Like

Thanks for the update. You going to pursue SW offloading like LGA1150 mentioned?

You can try it yourself. Its just a checkbox on the UI

1 Like

derp, thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking into it for me and I will keep an eye on the forum thread to see if it gets fixed, i am very grateful for the time your spending on this

1 Like

Enabling Software flow offloading didn't seem to do much, but after enabling Hardware flow offloading and rebooting the router I did see a significant speed increase but not to the max line speed yet.

Now I see speeds up to 700 Mbps Download and 500 Mbps Upload

1 Like

How did you enable hardware flow offloading?

As soon as I clicked software flow offloading the option for hardware flow offloading popped up