[Bug]UUID from block info and blkid

i said i did not use anything else in the samba and fstab files ...

1 Like

Alright I gave it a go and it seems nice for anyone who doesn't have any issue with access rights and only needs to access the data openly. My situation is a little more complicated than that.

But anyway, enabling anon_swap and anon_mount helps mounting the devices automatically but doesn't help with custom options if you intend to add any. Furthermore all the devices at /dev/sd* will be mounted at /mnt/sd* and you cannot change that.

This quick fix is okay for now but I am more interested in getting the actual bug fixed somehow, hopefully soon.

Hi @anon69880279
like you showed in the above contents

how i can decode this 4 byte value UUID="8028-3845 and what it indicates?
Thanks And Regards,
Vinayak

@vinayakmestha -

The "anon" user is no longer active here -- they had requested account deletion, so they will not be able to help.

Additionally, you have bumped a 4 year old thread.. so it's unlikely that this is all that relevant anymore.

That said...

The UUID is a Universally Unique IDentifier... there isn't much, if anything, useful to be decoded.

What are information are you trying to gain/understad? And is this related to OpenWrt?

1 Like

i need to understand how UUID can be calculated?
Regards,
Vinayak

You can't calculate it, you can only read it out from the filesystem (and if you want all the boring details, the blockd source is at your fingertips).

1 Like

The volume serial id will be generated by with respect to time and date so after reading the volume serial number field value if i decode that value im not getting the proper time and date so by this how i can confirm that the volume serial number is proper?
Regards,
Vinayak

You realize what "Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)" means?
It's supposed to be unique, random - there is no right or wrong (as long as it matches expectations for the length and valid characters), there is nothing to confirm or calculate.

1 Like

Thanks for your response it was useful...
Regards,
Vinayak