BTHH5A 19.07.4 : multiple channels on a radio

Hello there!

LuCI allows to set a channel for an ssid. So, I was trying two different ssids on two different channels on a single radio. Soon I found that change in channel on first ssid propogates to the other one. It seems the channel number is associated with a radio.

I have OpenWrt 19.07.4 r11208-ce6496d796 running on my BTHH5A. Maybe some other router have a facility to run multiple ssids with their own channels...?

In the end, I would like to know if there is any reason behind providing channel number for an ssid rather than its parent radio. I would also like to know if there is any way to activate multiple channels on a single radio.

Thank you!

-Gamma

Edit : Spelling

A radio can only operate on one channel at a time. You can run multiple ssids on one radio, but they must operate on the same channel. The only way to set two channels is if you have multiple radios.

1 Like

@psherman, Thanks for quick reply. :slight_smile: I appreciate your info, which I couldn't locate myself after extensive googling.

-Gamma

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.