BT HomeHub5 type B

I've successfully installed and run OperWRT on some BT HomeHub5 type A and they work like a charm, very fast and reliable, connected to VDSL italian ISP.
I also own some BT HomeHub5 type B that, as noted in the hardware introduction of Type A:
"There is also a Type B based on BCM63268, but for 802.11ac it uses the BCM4360 which has no open drivers...". I would like to use them for wired Internet connection only (I'm not interested in WiFi), also because BT HomeHub routers are locked to BT UK ISP so they are completely unusable alsewhere. I've also seen, looking around on openwrt, that there is some ongoing work on BCM63268. The question: is there some way to install OpenWRT on these modems, even without WiFi? Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, there are no half-way open drivers available for the DSL part of those Broadcom chips. I once run the mainline Linux kernel on a similar device with the same chipset but Ethernet, PCIe and UART is pretty much the only stuff supported. Probably the best bet would be running some half-way open derivative like DD-WRT or Freetz. However, I doubt such specific port exists.