BT Homehub 5 - drop DSL support

HI,
I'm trying to make an image for the device without DSL support (don't have that, I'll never use it).
I'm using https://chef.libremesh.org/ and by default the loaded modules are:

ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear dsl-vrx200-firmware-xdsl-a dsl-vrx200-firmware-xdsl-b-patch firewall fstools ip6tables iptables iwinfo kmod-ath10k-ct kmod-ath9k kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-ipt-offload kmod-leds-gpio kmod-ltq-atm-vr9 kmod-ltq-ptm-vr9 kmod-ltq-vdsl-vr9 kmod-ltq-vdsl-vr9-mei kmod-owl-loader kmod-usb-dwc2 libc libgcc libustream-wolfssl logd ltq-vdsl-app ltq-vdsl-vr9-vectoring-fw-installer luci mtd netifd odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg ppp ppp-mod-pppoa ppp-mod-pppoe procd swconfig ucert uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd wpad-basic-wolfssl

I've removed anything related to vr9 and dsl so my custom config looks like this:

ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear firewall fstools ip6tables iptables iwinfo kmod-ath10k-ct kmod-ath9k kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-ipt-offload kmod-leds-gpio libc libgcc libustream-wolfssl logd luci mtd netifd odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg procd swconfig ucert uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd wpad-basic-wolfssl luci-proto kmod-owl-loader 

The problem is that I still see the ATM bridge and DSL interface.
I've gotten stipped the /etc/config/network down to this:

config interface 'loopback'
	option device 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fd62:e49d:c21d::/48'

config interface 'lan'
	option device 'br-lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'

config interface 'wan'
	option device 'eth0'
	option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'wan6'
	option device '@wan'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

config switch
	option name 'switch0'
	option reset '1'
	option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '1'
	option ports '0 1 2 4 6t'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '2'
	option ports '5 6t'

Is this enough or should I try to remove some other packages as well?
Any ideas and comments are welcome

Run lsmod, see if there are any modules loaded that have names that look like they could be related to your DSL chipset.

Hi, lsmod showed nothing relevant to DSL but that got me thinking of how does that tab show up. I went through LuCI source code and got my answer - you have to remove the DSL section from /etc/board.json in order to remove the tab. Thanks for the idea :slight_smile:
As a note to other HH 5 users that don't need DSL I've added irqbalance as well so these are my final packages:

ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear firewall fstools ip6tables iptables iwinfo kmod-ath10k-ct kmod-ath9k kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-ipt-offload kmod-leds-gpio libc libgcc libustream-wolfssl logd luci mtd netifd odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg procd swconfig ucert uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd wpad-basic-wolfssl luci-proto-ppp kmod-owl-loader irqbalance

Thank You So much for your work in BT Homehub 5A,
I was wondering if you can modify list of packages for latest builts like 22.03-rc4 and onwards.