Bridged, internet on cable, WIFI connected no internet

I just installed my configuration and this is my first time using OpenWrt because I have a issue at home with too many people using the internet and in return I get bufferbloat stuff, while I try to enjoy a game or two. Anyway, thats how I learned about OpenWrt. And here I am.

I have very little knowledge about routers and such,
usually it is all automatic nowdays. My issue is as the title pertains I have internet on the cable, just not when using Wifi it connects fine, but without internet access.

My setup is as follows: ZIGGO CONNECT BOX ( Bridged ) Modem.
Version: 19.07.2 on my NetGear R6220 Router. With cake. SQM, QOS. ( installed ) everything else default.

Any idea? Tips? Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:.

Well apparently I have internet over just one cable. No clue how that is possible. Just a update.

OpenWrt works out of the box for typical use-case. Though you would probably need to change the WAN port from DHCP to PPPoE (if you are on that).

Could you pay the output of the following commands:

cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/firewall
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp

Please use the Pre-formatted text tool </> in the tool bar to include the code.

You may also want to redact your MAC addresses.

I was using a LAN port I could not get internet working while I was connecting it with the WAN port from router to router. Then again I could barely get anything going, eitherway. I see what I can do tomorrow.

You need to connect the LAN port of the modem to the WAN port of the router.

Cable/docsis is a bit peculiar and sometimes requires a bit of a dance if the primary router behind the modem is changed. Either you clone the MAC address from the old working device to the router, or better you power down the modem and router, for good measure wait for say 10 minutes, and then power up the modem again and the router. Often enough that is sufficient to get the router's new MAC accepted and provisioned...

1 Like