Bricked WDR3600 v1.1?

Hi,

Had a wdr3600 a while back running openWrt 19.7.x.

Had not been using it since but found use for it now.
Was not sure about the password so I just tried to factory default the device.

Since then haven't been able to connect to the device or determine it's ip. Configured my computer to 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.2.2 and tried to ping 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1 but no lock so far.

Device seems to boot fine as far as I can see from the leds.
Also the reset button is responding when trying to go to default settings on boot or factory reset after boot completes.
The status led then goes to quick flash (10/s) but remains like that. On factory reset the system should reboot right?

When I just turn it on system led is on slow flash (5/s) which also seems fine.

What should be my next step? Red about TFTP but not sure if the v1.1 has that capability.

It's not (directly) dependend on the h/w revision, but the installed bootloader version. TP-Link retrofitted the push-button tftp recovery feature with their OEM firmware updates sometime in 2013. If you had updated to one of those great, if not --> hello serial console.

That said, generic failsafe procedures have always worked for me on that hardware (if the installed firmware could boot successfully).

1 Like

"TP-Link retrofitted the push-button tftp recovery feature with their OEM firmware updates sometime in 2013."

Right before moving to OpenWrt I should have updated to latest TP-Link firmware.

Will try this route thanks!

1 Like

TFTP was the way

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.