Boot recovery image in OpenWrt

I want to repartition the UBI volumes of redmi ax6000, is there a way to boot using the recovery image from the command line?

what recovery image ?

initramfs-factory image used in the installation instruction.

Or is there a way to let uboot try booting initramfs first instead of ubi?

Does the uboot support usb booting ?
Then you could configure it the same way it's done for the WRX36.

The instructions are at the bottom of the device page.

Hello!
Have you solved your problem?
I have a similar question - how to repartition the UBI partition?
I understand that to repartition I need to boot from the “initramfs” image, but I’m not sure that the “ax6000-ubootmod-initramfs-factory.ubi” image is suitable for this, because we used it on a stock (Xiaomi) bootloader.
All that remains is to use recovery - "ax6000-ubootmod-initramfs-recovery.itb". But like you, I don’t understand how to load into it? There is no information about this at all. Maybe to try to flash it as "sysupgrade" using the command: sysupgrade -n /tmp/ax6000-ubootmod-squashfs-sysupgrade.itb? But instead of the file "squashfs-sysupgrade.itb" use the renamed file "initramfs-recovery.itb"?

it's described on the wiki page @ttc0419 linked to.

uboot really doesn't care about what it boots ...

that's also on the wiki page.

2 Likes

Thank you!, got it.

Please give me a link.
Because here -> https://openwrt.org/toh/xiaomi/redmi_ax6000 the installation process is described. And I already installed ubootmod. Now I have changed my mind about the original sizes of the UBI subsections, and I want to either increase the size of the recovery subsection or abandon it altogether.

You provided the link.

What issue are you experiencing proceeding with the instructions linked for doing so?

What @lleachii said, just keep on reading...

1 Like

Who said that I encountered a problem when following the instructions?
I encountered a problem after following the instructions. As it turned out, no one knows how to work with the recovery partition. There is only a general understanding that in case of unsuccessful firmware, recovery should somehow automatically boot. But in essence, for me it is no easier than using a tftp server for recovery. And if I knew in advance how things were going with this recovery, I would have preferred to do “Skip this if you do not want to have NAND recovery boot feature offered by OpenWrt U-Boot.”

You lost me. I thought you asked for a link with instructions, my apologies. Glad you got it working.

1 Like