Block unknown mac address in private wifi but allow them in guest wifi or wired connection

not just kids, adults as well. big family

Well, it seems like you're inventing ways of increasing your time and energy spent doing network administration.

At this point, the best I can suggest would be:
-PBR
or
-firewall rules that allow (or time-based allow) the allow-listed devices based on the IP address (with the correct source zone) using DHCP reservations, followed by a block-all IP's from that network.

The methods you are choosing to use (or explore) will probably be more frustrating to both you and your family members than it is worth, IMO. But those two methods are the most likely to achieve the goal.

Thanks. You know why I cannot keep password secret is because my wife will eventually tell them, even the computer password with administrator account. Anyway, she does not know router staff, so that is the best way to do.

You could try just asking her not to tell people the password... tell her that you're fine with her adding her own devices to the network, but that you want to protect the network by only giving others the guest network credentials.

Just saying...

Mission impossible lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like