Best long ranger router?

Hi, I have 800mbps internet and a 1/2 acre lot, I'm looking for a single router that will give me the most Sq ft of coverage with a single unit. I don't want to mess with mesh networks. Budget is <500usd. Most importantly, something that's not a PITA to flash and has good openwrt compatibility. Thank you for your recommendations!

It is more about the antennas than the router.

2 Likes

Does the devices you're providing internet access to, have equally powerful antennas ?

1 Like

Get over it, you will need at least one AP outside and one AP inside. Even with perfectly circular property indoor AP leaks will not stretch to the borders.

1 Like

Could you give me some more info? What am I looking for in regards to antennas?

You need 1/ router and AP (single box) for inside 2/Poe injector (or unlikely included in (1) 3/Cat6 cable across home 4/Outdoor PoE accesspoint
Something like custom antenna setup or meshpoint on a lightning pole to feed whole garden is above your budget.

Is it a flat acre or rolling and how many obstacles on the land.
Like trees, sheds; anything that might block the signal?

Is it necessary for you to deliver your opinions in such a belligerent way?

Not true.

100m is hard to reach unless one lives in paper iglou....

Please draw a half acre of land with a 100m distance anywhere within the 1/2 acre.
I know there are such polygons but I'm wondering if you can draw one; you can even include shapes highly unlikely to be approved by zoning codes.

Im in place where street side has place for 1-2 cars and the tail back into block makes it like 10:1 rectangle

Please pardon the childish drawing made with my finger.
Anyway, it's relatively flat. The wifi is in one corner of the house and the problem I have currently is that it doesn't extend to the front porch(red x). It's not a big house either, we're talking like 100ft. I don't need it to cover every square inch of the lot, I'd be happy with like 80%. There's not alot of other options for placement unless I put it in the attic.

1 Like

We'll figure it out.

What model router do you have now?

And I got the impression you were trying to blanket the outside 1/2 acer.
No big deal but you just to get back on the same page; you want whole (or~80%) house coverage. Right?

How many floors and what is the interior, primarily, made of?
Wood, ceramic tiles?
Do you want wi-fi outside?

Lastly:
Is you car sitting on a carport with a detached garage? I'm having trouble making all that one building.