Best device available in AliExpress with Good Performance

could you test Wifi performance , GL inet b-1300 or xiaomi Mi Router Pro?

Qualcomm > Mediatek

GL-iNet B-1300
I'm have 300 mbps from provider, internet speedtest from my laptop 5 ghz wifi is ~350 mbps

Or you need test local speed?

1 Like

That's way over my budget :frowning:
Do you have any suggestion for devices below 60$?
The cheapest GL-iNet B-1300 in AliExpress costs around 85$ + 15$ shipping for my country.

Just to avoid unpleasant surprises when your order arrives: Have you taken into account import tax + IPI tax when calculating your budget?

Usually I have no Import Tax + IPI depending in which freight company I select, and the dimensions / weight of the package.
So that's not actually something I'm worried.

I can see many citizens from my country leaving reviews in some routers saying they didn't get taxed. And I'm used to import stuff, so I kind know the risks I'm taking :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Between those two models, the 1300 has a lot more capability. 300 Mb is going to be a little beyond what a MT7621 can handle readily. I haven't seen ARM based units in the $60 price class yet.

I've had a good experience with the ZBT-WE3625 (512MB) on a 300Mbps cable line. It handles Cake for QoS. It is an MT7621A, which as noted by mk24, is at the edge of capacity on 300.
The challenge is WiFi, it seems to be improved in 19.07.4, as in 07.3 it had issues. But then, a lot of affordable devices seem to have experienced poor wifi support in the 18.x and 19.x releases.

So let me understand what is going on here:

MT7621 will not be enough to handle 300 Mb. When you say this, is it for the whole package? I mean, both wired and wireless connection, MT7621 won't be able to delivery all the 300 mbps?

So basically, for 300 mbps and beyond, I'll probably need to invest more in a better equipment to have the full 300+ mbps?

My main use is Wireless, so I really need good 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
If that's the case I will wait a couple months until the Chinese Black Friday and get that GL-iNet B-1300 then. But will it be able to delivery the full 300 mbps over Wifi (5GHz)?

I'm just worried because it has only 3 ethernet ports. That's exactly how many slots I have occupied right now (ISP cable, Raspberry, VoIP ATA), so that basically mean if I need more devices wired connected I will need an external switch =/.

I couldn't find this model online.

That's more than for the speed what about wifi range?

Considering Qualcomm is well supported, do you guys think AX1800 (or even AX6) will soon have openwrt support? It's cheaper, new into the market, easily available in AliExpress and provide new technologies (Wifi 6, WPA3, etc). And it seems to be almost bypassed to run custom firmwares

No, and exactly that is the problem. It's newer than ipq807x, a lot more work will have to go into supporting this, than what has already been done for ipq807x (and even that isn't in a functional state yet).

While it's likely that ipq60xx (and probably even ipq50xx) will be supported as well in the future, its development is still in very early stages, with lots of the basic SOC support still in the process of being merged mainline (ipq807x has made that step almost two years ago) and rather fluid at this point, ipq50xx has just started the process this week. Judging from the ax3600/ ipq8071a development, ipq807x support isn't that far away ("months", not years), but although ipq60xx and ipq50xx are very likely to follow (and they will profit from the work that has already gone into ipq807x), no one has even started looking at OpenWrt support for those, yet; it will take considerably longer to get them supported.

The Xiaomi AX3600 will probably be among the the first supported 802.11ax devices, given that its pricing has gathered quite some interest among (potential) developers (and aside from the PCIe initialization for the third 802.11ac "AIoT" radio, it seems to be basically functional already). Hopefully some other ipq807x (and ipq8074 in particular) devices will follow as well.

4 Likes

Have you considered a setup with 2 devices? I'm using a NanoPi R2S and an Archer C6. You can replace the Nano Pi with a old PC if you don't mind the energy costs. I bought the Archer from Kabum with the purpose of using OpenWrt with it but I will wait the Wifi issue to be solved. So far no issues from this setup besides the fact that NanoPi support is something new, but there is not much option of SBCs with 2 gigabit ports. Specs wise the Pi should handle the fairly easily I suppose and you can replace or add more APs latter. Sorry for my bad english.

Archer C6 is too expensive for the hardware itself. Besides that I can get more bang for the buck if I import any hardware from AliExpress. C6 is pretty much 60 dollars here....

False, mt7621 should be able to handle 300 mbit/s even with SQM and WiFi, but it will be at its limits. Without SQM it can even go all the way to the full 1gbit/s with HW NAT enabled.

May I suggest https://www.amazon.com/WAVLINK-Wireless-Dual-Band-Dual-core-Internal/dp/B084ZHDBKP

It's a clone of phicomm k3 which is supported by openwrt. After tweaks it could reach real gigabit wan (no shaping) and 160mhz channels.

Well... phicomm k3 doesn't exist in AliExpress.
WAVLINK AC3200 does, but it costs over 150$ usd in AliExpress (+180$ usd for Shipping).

Unfortunately Amazon US is not an option for me right now.

I've got my k3 for $40 shipped from Amazon. I've also seen that wavlink for 50+ few months back on some of the Chinese retailers. Can't find it now, though.

I know, prices gone crazy recently. Fortunately I bought mine before Bolsonaro. But the local market is the option for major brands. I am a long time AliExpress consumer but I was not able to find something good in this department. If you find something interesting please post here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.