Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450 WiFi AX discussion

no problem bro :wink:

you can use sqm with the router and which iptables for gaming if you play or video games or other

Dang bro I downloaded mediatek_mt7622-rfb1-ubi-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin from the link you provided. I then installed luci which worked this time. However I am still stuck in System running in recovery (initramfs) mode.

no mediatek rfb1-ubi squasshfs-sysupgrade

but linksysE8450 ubi-squash sysupgrade :frowning:

1 Like

rfb1 is wrong you will do flash to linksys E8450 like i mentionned before

you're flash the wrong firmware

1 Like

Omg I am sorry bro I did not realize it. Very sorry will try again.

1 Like

i hope you are not bricked ...

Must be bricked I am still stuck in System running in recovery (initramfs) mode.

outch sorry i do'nt have the solution for the moment , wait daniel say

but the next time be careful to flash the good firmware my bro ..

I guess I bought it from walmart. I could return it. I have 30 days. Then I will also instead of paying $99.99 I will get it for $59.99. No biggy to me =) I think I am missing a step somewhere though.

1 Like

I got it. I have to physically turn off and turn on the router a few times for some reason. I am now on Powered by LuCI Master (git-21.284.67084-e4d24f0) / OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r17795-b519997ab9 that should be the right one.

1 Like

ah it's a good news for you :wink:

1 Like

Your my hero bro! Thank you very much =) now to work on Walmart to refund me $49.99 since I just got my router yesterday delivered for $99.99 hahaha

Clicked System and then system

RPCError

RPC call to luci/getLocaltime failed with error -32002: Access denied at ClassConstructor.handleCallReply (http://192.168.1.1/luci-static/resources/rpc.js?v=git-21.284.67084-e4d24f0:11:3)

Everything else so far so good.

1 Like

When LuCi doesn't work right, the first thing to try is clearing the browser cache.

2 Likes

I saw this for $60 bucks today in walmart for those interested:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Dual-Band-AX3200-Wifi-6-Router-3-2-Gbps-White-RT3200/103632882?=&irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_QeaXNTzTBxyIWue148UScXutUkBSsoVhRVe5yQ0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_10451&clickid=QeaXNTzTBxyIWue148UScXutUkBSsoVhRVe5yQ0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=567111&campaign_id=9383

Followed @daniel instructions here to convert into UBI OpenWrt and it worked flawlessly. Superb performance that I never experienced before in an OpenWrt router - full speeds with a WiFi 5 client (tested with iPerf3).

1 Like

160Mhz mesh still not working?

160Mhz is working @Lynx.

right, but as part of a mesh between multiple RT3200's?

Sorry, I misread your question.

For what itโ€™s worth, I couldnโ€™t get 160MHz working with mesh, but that was a while back. Reading through past posts, no one seems to be able to use 160MHz with mesh. I ended up disabling mesh because, once I got 160MHz working, I no longer had performance or reception issues.

1 Like

Anyone know what is preventing 160Mhz mesh working?

Also doesn't the AX standard allow for single time slot to be used for multiple stations using OFDMA? Wouldn't this mean super efficient use of the spectrum in mesh case? Like two mesh nodes communicate with each other on one 80Mhz slice and a client communicates with one of those nodes on the other 80Mhz slice at same time. That would give huge throughput in mesh context, right?

I am using 3x RT3200 with 80Mhz mesh in large three floor house with very thick walls. It has been completely stable so far. I have no idea if OFMA is being used or not.