Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450 WiFi AX discussion

And once I flash it, auc again to SNAPSHOT?

1 Like

openwrt-mediatek-mt7622-linksys_e8450-ubi-initramfs-recovery-installer.itb

you 're install this files then update the last snapshot

I already have UBI. Better to flash dango's openwrt-mediatek-mt7622-linksys_e8450-ubi-squashfs-sysupgrade.itb no?

which version you are flashed ?

if you are flashed the old version it's not good

you can flash the last 0.5.3 then firmware will be blue then upgrade to last snapshot youre radio will be 5ghz working
test and tell me

edit

not i speak good of recovery installer is important

I have dango's before 0.5.3.

I will flash dango recovery installer as you say.

1 Like

yes recovery installer 0.5.3 (then update snasphot )

i hope a rt3200 will be soon completly make a charge by OpenWrt :slight_smile:

Thank you for fix!

1 Like

I realize now I am not the first person to ask this but search on this site is very hard.

Can someone with this router please post the results of cat /proc/cpuinfo for me thank you.

What wpad package are you using for this setup?

OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r17571-67cd648fa2
 -----------------------------------------------------
root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 25.00
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 cpuid
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 1

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0

processor       : 1

root@OpenWrt:~#

Why is BogoMIPS at 25? Is this some sort of power management and if so how would one get the BogoMips value of the cpu at full speed?

Is there any difference in WiFi range of Belkin RT3200 vs Linksys E8450? Does Linksys E8450 have better WiFi Radios or Antennas compared to Belkin RT3200 (since E8450 is costlier compared to RT3200)?

In Linksys website the E8450 [1] is advertised as covering 2500 square feet, while in Belkin website the RT3200 [2] is advertised as covering only 2000 square feet.

[1] https://www.linksys.com/us/wireless-routers/traditional-routers/linksys-dual-band-ax3200-wifi-6-router-e8450/p/p-e8450/
[2] https://www.belkin.com/us/accessories/wifi-routers-extenders/ax3200-wifi-6-router/p/p-rt3200/

i can't response just can you tell andi'm live in france ..

The current mt76 driver version has been committed a few minutes ago.
The next new snapshot builds should contain the updated driver.

3 Likes

Post rewritten 10/12/21:

Just a quick question. I'm trying to get a non-ubi (custom or default) snapshot to flash from asu.aparcar.org as advised from an earlier post. Choosing the custom with default options seem to include luci which is what I need generates a SYSUPGRADE image. From the openwrt wiki page for the E8450/RT3200, it says that flashing the non-ubi SYSUPGRADE image from the factory firmware should work however when attempting, the router reboots into the factory firmware. I also tried the default non-ubi SYSUPGRADE image from the same site and get the same results. Any ideas?

I have 2 Belkin devices that have different issues

1. This device loads the mt7951e driver fine
[    8.158509] mt7915e 0000:01:00.0: assign IRQ: got 143
[    8.168655] mt7915e 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[    8.174745] mt7915e 0000:01:00.0: enabling bus mastering

This device will after some time of use on the AX channel (set for 40) will reboot randomly due to a CPU error, if I am not using this channel it will stay up for days

1. This device loads the mt7951e driver but never initializes and does not show up in dmesg attempting to.

I have updated a few weeks ago to the new recovery, I am pretty certain it was the 5.3 version, not sure how to tell what it is in the system. I did these both at the same time with the same recovery update.
They are both UBI formated.
Not sure what type of debugging I should use on the 2nd Belkin to even determine why it does not see this.
In older daily about 6 weeks or more back this device worked OK, I remember it having some issues and for the reason to update, trying to fix the bug with the mt76 driver.

The 1st device has been an issue since I converted to Openwrt and UBI. Both of these were tested for about a week on the original firmware and had no issues.
Is there any debugging that I could provide to attempt to resolve both of these issues? I do need to capture the reboot on the serial console, just have to catch it in some way as the router is forced reboot due to the error on the (CPU?).
Thanks

Hi @pshempel,
Regarding device no 1: This sounds like the NULL-pointer kernel Oops many people have been observing and which has supposedly been fixed by mt76 bump today (so builds in the upcoming days will contain the fix).

Regarding device no 2: We will need to investigate further. Please PM full bootlog (dmesg) as well as dump of factory partition (hexdump -C /dev/mtd2) and read up carefully what people already discovered in this thread. It can well be that you installed just before I updated the installer to fix the factory part for the new NAND driver. In that case you have to re-flash (with -F to force) the *initramfs-recovery-installer.itb of the most recent installer build.

2 Likes

New snapshots contain updated drivers - you can test