Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450 WiFi AX discussion

Does the WiFi drivers reads that calibration data when they are reloaded ?

That would justify why /dev/mtdblock2 is read during reload.

No, but maybe libiwinfo does...?

hello everybody
can someone tell me what is this on the motherboard ? serial port ?

1 Like

All I know is that it is for sure not a serial port. The only serial port is the 6-pin header on the other side of the board.

What's your br0 config? Does it include the wan port?
My Openwrt came from just before rc6, then rc6, and now 22.03. However, the config was first generated after flashing it brand new with UBI build.

My br0 has no wan so I cannot do VLAN tagging of the wan port. I know I can just add it, but I wonder what the default config should be, and I'm considering re-flashing it with the 22.03 release.

Thanks,

-- /etc/config/network --
config device
	option name 'br-lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'lan1'
	list ports 'lan2'
	list ports 'lan3'
	list ports 'lan4'

I just got RT3200 so I don't know about older snapshots but I have same problem with igmp snooping.
What was your solution for this problem?
I added bridge device(bring up empty), interface and firewall zone for wireless and switched wlan[01] from br-lan to it as a temporary measure.
You can remove lan port for iptv from br-lan and make it separate interface instead but I need to have iptv and pc on same net.

I also created a separate VLAN interface for just the iptv device, so I don't not have to enable igmp_snooping anymore (since it's not bridged to WiFi). To be honest though, I'd rather just use igmp_snooping like I was able to do in the past. @daniel are you aware of this issue? Would a git bisect be helpful for you by any chance?

I tried with the most simple setup, and I was able to reproduce it with 100% consistency. A br-lan interface with lan1, lan2, lan3 and lan4 bridged together. A PPPoE interface on top of WAN.6 (for internet). A DHCP client on top of WAN.4 (for iptv). Using IGMPPROXY to proxy iptv from wan.4 to br-lan would work just fine. Using tcpdump on WAN.4 would show the multicast traffic. However, enabling igmp_snooping on br-lan would break multicast.

I would still see IGMP join messages on WAN (so the proxy was still working correctly), but the actual stream's multicast traffic would never ever appear. Disabling igmp_snooping would instantly bring back the multicast traffic on the wan.4 interface. So for some reason, igmp_snooping is also applying to interfaces other than the one it's been enabled on for some reason.

FYI, it worked fine with an older snapshot.

If you remember the version/commit hash which was working fine then go for git bisect as that would indeed be of great help to identify the issue.

Some possible good news: I will test the new commit with wed fixes soon and let you know the results :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Good news indeed, wed accelerations is back: under 25-30% CPU usage during downloads. Kudos to the developers! :bowing_man:

8 Likes

is wed enabled out of the box by default?

2 Likes

Is Attended Sysupgrade working for anyone else?

PSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/dl/openwrt_routing
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a53/routing/Packages.sig
Signature check passed.
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a53/telephony/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/root-mediatek/../../../../../../../../../../../home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/dl/openwrt_telephony
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a53/telephony/Packages.sig
Signature check passed.
Downloading file:packages/Packages
Updated list of available packages in /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/root-mediatek/../../../../../../../../../../../home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/dl/imagebuilder
Downloading file:packages/Packages.sig
Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libwolfssl.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:169: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:134: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:253: manifest] Error 2

Doesn’t seem like it.

I had to enable by adding wed_enable=Y to this file:

$ vi /etc/modules.d/mt7915e

Like so:
mt7915e wed_enable=Y

And reboot.

You should be able to see your wifi devices here:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/mtk_ppe/bind

Check if WED is enabled:
cat /sys/module/mt7915e/parameters/wed_enable

3 Likes

It works but only if HW acceleration is enabled under firewall settings.

2 Likes

Exact same error here (currently on OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r20638-cf2c9498be)

/mt7622/dl/imagebuilder
Downloading file:packages/Packages.sig
Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libwolfssl.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:169: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:134: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:253: manifest] Error 2

I don't know what happens if you update from the CLI.

Also seems to fail in the Openwrt Firmware download

The CLI seems to fail too....

I think the auc failure is related to the addition of libwolfssl-cpu-crypto. Both opkg and auc will pick the first package that provides the library. They are sorted in alphabetical order, and libwolfssl-cpu-crypto comes before libwolfssl5.5*. I will take out the dash and make it libwolfsslcpu-crypto--ugly, I know.

1 Like

What I did to make it work was checking advanced mode under configuration. Then delete libwolfssl from the package list. Router seems to work normally but it might mess some things up. Use at your own peril.

Maybe a word of caution.
I uninstalled libwolfSSL just to see what would happen. After that the device seemed to function normally but when it needs to make a secure connection (like under system-software-update lists...) things go south.
As a result it 'makes it harder to install it back.