Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450 WiFi AX discussion

If you remember the version/commit hash which was working fine then go for git bisect as that would indeed be of great help to identify the issue.

Some possible good news: I will test the new commit with wed fixes soon and let you know the results :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Good news indeed, wed accelerations is back: under 25-30% CPU usage during downloads. Kudos to the developers! :bowing_man:

8 Likes

is wed enabled out of the box by default?

2 Likes

Is Attended Sysupgrade working for anyone else?

PSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/dl/openwrt_routing
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a53/routing/Packages.sig
Signature check passed.
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a53/telephony/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/root-mediatek/../../../../../../../../../../../home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/dl/openwrt_telephony
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a53/telephony/Packages.sig
Signature check passed.
Downloading file:packages/Packages
Updated list of available packages in /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/root-mediatek/../../../../../../../../../../../home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/dl/imagebuilder
Downloading file:packages/Packages.sig
Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libwolfssl.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:169: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:134: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:253: manifest] Error 2

Doesn’t seem like it.

I had to enable by adding wed_enable=Y to this file:

$ vi /etc/modules.d/mt7915e

Like so:
mt7915e wed_enable=Y

And reboot.

You should be able to see your wifi devices here:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/mtk_ppe/bind

Check if WED is enabled:
cat /sys/module/mt7915e/parameters/wed_enable

3 Likes

It works but only if HW acceleration is enabled under firewall settings.

2 Likes

Exact same error here (currently on OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r20638-cf2c9498be)

/mt7622/dl/imagebuilder
Downloading file:packages/Packages.sig
Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libwolfssl.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:169: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:134: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:253: manifest] Error 2

I don't know what happens if you update from the CLI.

Also seems to fail in the Openwrt Firmware download

The CLI seems to fail too....

I think the auc failure is related to the addition of libwolfssl-cpu-crypto. Both opkg and auc will pick the first package that provides the library. They are sorted in alphabetical order, and libwolfssl-cpu-crypto comes before libwolfssl5.5*. I will take out the dash and make it libwolfsslcpu-crypto--ugly, I know.

1 Like

What I did to make it work was checking advanced mode under configuration. Then delete libwolfssl from the package list. Router seems to work normally but it might mess some things up. Use at your own peril.

Maybe a word of caution.
I uninstalled libwolfSSL just to see what would happen. After that the device seemed to function normally but when it needs to make a secure connection (like under system-software-update lists...) things go south.
As a result it 'makes it harder to install it back.

That's why I said, use at your own peril.
However you did something different. If I look under installed packages I see this installed:

libwolfssl5.5.0.b96ceda0
5.5.0-stable-2

Somewhat relevant: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/10727

The goal is to get rid of wolfssl by default. It has been a consistent pain point after it was defaulted.

3 Likes

Can I upgrade to 22.03.0 stable version? rn I am on OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc6 r19590-042d558536 firmware. Will I face any issues with wifi?

Yes and no

What's the issue with wifi? Rn my 2.4 ghz band is very bad. I have the signal and stuffs but the connection keeps buffering.

Just a head's up that the current SNAPSHOT r20725-dce035bb71 breaks WAN connectivity (for me at least). The network status / overview info. disappears shortly after startup. I connect using PPPoE and 6to4 tunneling.

1 Like

I have the exact opposite experience while I live in an apartment with loads of neighbouring WiFi networks.
Which device keeps buffering? There are some chipsets who play to their own rules.