Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450 WiFi AX discussion

Sorry I meant the first part and some other also just run schedutil.

Users have been reporting that schedutil avoids the problem. This is coincidental as it just happens not to end up in the lowest operating point at the point the reset is asserted

1 Like

I did install luci-app-attendedsysupgrade but it can't find any update from 22.03.0-rc1.

Flashing snapshots through System -> Backup / Flash Firmware just hangs up my router and I have to enter recovery and re-flash rc1 to get it back working.

Tried again with todays build:
snapshot

I am downloading the sysupgrade file. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

hi donwload auc and putty you make

auc -n -b 22.03 -B 22.03.0-rc1

enjoy

@daniel hi everybody

I have a problem on the 22.01 rc1 on the rt3200 the wifi disconnects and impossible to find it, it's really annoying I lose the internet connection,

mode FR in advanceded settings

N auto 20 mhz

Why do I have this problem do you think?

i has just installed a qosify on my router , thanks

i'm on sfr fiber optic

i has a same problem

Reduce DTIM to 1. It usually fixes a whole bunch of problems with IoT devices connected on 2.4 GHz networks.

1 Like

thanks @amteza i will try

is axtually to 2 i change to 1 and keep inform

he has a subject recent too on forum

but maybe not solved

@amteza i has change like this i keep informed tomorrow good night everyone

Capture d’écran 2022-05-06 à 02.03.26

I used the method mentioned in the GitHub repo to successfully switch to UBI firmware. Then upgraded to the 22.03-rc1 snapshot. Everything was working fine. I then upgraded to the snapshot. Again fine. Today I upgraded all the packages. Then because I had no idea what I was doing I used scp to send the 22.03-rc1 sysupgrade to the router and did a 'sysupgrade 22.03-rc1-sysupgrade.itb' The router rebooted and now I can't enter recovery. It boots and shows yellow LED on the internet. I pressed reset while boot but it shows yellow on the Internet not power (not sure its the same thing). I can set my IP to 192.168.1.10 and subnet to 255.255.255.0 and gateway to 192.168.1.1. I can also ping 192.168.1.1 but I can't ssh or do anything beyond that. I have tftp setup but not sure how to go from here to recover. Any ideas ?

UPDATE: NVM. Just recovered. Needed a few power cycles. This is so easy to recover. Also used the snapshot initramfs recovery but sys upgraded the 22 rc1

yes i has this problem actually ... do you has solved ?

Lots of interesting patches for this chipset in openwrt-22.03 head over the past 24hrs: link

3 Likes

It was my primarily my wive's phone... she hasn't complained about it so I assume it's fixed. I still see plenty of entries in my log like this though:

daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA XXX IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
1 Like

I'm a bit of a chronic tinkerer (sounds like a medical issue but it isn't) and I checked out the smp_affinity of all the IRQs to see if any device is pegged to a specific CPU.

Using:
cat /proc/irq/*/smp_affinity

IRQ 142 is usually set to 1
IRQ 143 is usually set to 2
The rest are 3

echo "3" > /proc/irq/142/smp_affinity
echo "3" > /proc/irq/143/smp_affinity

It looks like it is essentially a nop since the effective_affinity doesn't change.
142 and 143 are related to the ethernet driver.

I'm sure there is a good reason for it, but I'm just curious of the history or logic behind it? I know there was a patch that went in about a month ago that opened up the Ethernet to multiple CPUs for network processing.

Just trying to learn and hopefully this isn't straying off-topic but it is hardware related to this model.

Side note: Looks like with kernel 5.15, it picked up the curse of the 47C passive cooling temp bug -> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/9396

/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_0_temp:

Related: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20210619121927.32699-1-ericwouds@gmail.com/

3 Likes

Are there still problems with 802.11s mesh? I can't seem to get it to work. I tried on both the 2.4 en 5ghz bands with and without encryption... It seems to work for a minute or 2 and then stops working. I'm not able to connect to it. And when plugged into the lan port. The port on my switch flashes ones a second. I have to reboot the router to be able to access it again. I have the same setup on a pair of 1043wd v2's and that works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

Sorry my open wrt disconect always :unamused:

What encryption did you choose? I've had problems with some clients when using wpa2/wpa3 mixed

1 Like

hi i use wpa2 psk

i has download not libwolffsll and wpad wolf ssl but lib openssl and wpad openssl

OneMarcFifty posted a video about meshing with OpenWRT just a couple days ago. He's using BATMAN, so probably well different than what you're doing, but maybe worth a watch...

1 Like

is possible is a cause ton canal WIreless the problem is strange never that before 22.03 rc1

example box canal 1

router openwrt canal 1

= interference

i has possibility to make a modem router SFR to bridge you think he make

?

Just use WDS - mesh has been broken for ages. WDS is rock solid.

1 Like

@nbd With the latest master code, it seems that wed HW acceleration no longer works. Even if cat /sys/module/mt7915e/parameters/wed_enable responds with Y, I don't see anything when doing cat /sys/kernel/debug/mtk_ppe/bind. Could it be related to this commit https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=726ef8ba2dbe4d4a693c4d9300bc69e234e6d67d as it is something related to offloading with PPPoE (which is indeed fixed according to my tests using ethernet client). I am still using firewall3, could this be the cause?