after multiple tries, reading various documentations, etc nothing makes sense anymore, kindly require your help.
I have a TP-Link Archer C60 v3 router, it has 4 LAN ports and 1 WAN port.
The intended setup is as follows:
- Main Router (not running OpenWRT) is conencted to Internet and running well - IP: 192.168.100.1
I want to achieve the following:
- OpenWRT device to be connected to the Main Router through ethernet cable
- WIFI open on the OpenWRT device
- OpenVPN connected to an external provider (Surfshark)
- Then all clients should connect to the WIFI on OpenWRT, and access Internet through the OpenVPN tunnel
I have tried multiple setups but unable to make it work.
Basically, I am able to connect the OpenWRT to the Main Router through a cable on the LAN 1 port, as an Access point with static IP address (192.168.100.2) and let the Main Router handle DNS and DHCP. I do this editing the LAN interface as per one of the 'dumb' guides I read.
I am also able to create an OpenVPN interface and connect to the service provider
However I am not able to 'route' the traffic of clients connected to the OpenWRT device through the VPN. They basically go to the Internet without VPN.
I think the best approach is to reset the OpenWRT and start all over again.
Any advice on how to setup this? I am using LUCI as well.