Bananapi R2 snapshot build: no pppoe dialin

Hello,
I´m using Bananapi R2 with my own built openwrt snapshot since two years now.
Just as I´m compiled and started new system with build number 17648, I found the device will not dialin. Luckily I stored the old SD-Card, so I could revert to build number 17554. What goes wrong here?
Provider is German Telekom, I have a Draytek Vigor 130 as modem at interface eth0.7. The supporter on provider site says, he couldn´t see any dialin attempt.
excerpt from /etc/config/network

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option username '<myloginhere>'
	option password '<mypasswordhere>'
	option ipv6 'auto'
	option delegate '0'
	option device 'wan.7'
config device 'eth0'
	option name 'eth0'
config interface 'modem'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.2'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option device 'wan'

Only what I found here: I see no relation between eth0 and wan. But it works in the older build.

sorry, I´missed some changes done by openwrt itself

config device
    option name 'wan.7'
    option type '8021q'
    option ifname 'wan'
    option vid '7'
config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option device 'eth0.7'
	option username 'user@t-online.de'
	option password 'pass'

config interface 'wan6'
	option device '@wan'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

That worked fine for me (different device as router), while I was still using VDSL/ T-Online - with the router doing the VLAN tagging (and the vigor 130 just passing it through).

Btw., see Configuration Issues OpenWRT 19.07.3 and DrayTek Vigor 130 - #4 by slh for the corresponding draytek side of configurations.

Slh,

thx for your answer including complete screenshots.

I will it revisit at my next home office day.

Because I want to access the gui of my Draytek modem via 192.168.1.1, I think the modem has to manage the vlan 7.

With regards
Gotthard

Von meinem/meiner Galaxy gesendet

You can decide if the modem (at least on the vigor), XOR the router does the VLAN tagging.

I prefer to do that on the router, configs and screenshots are accordingly.

Leave the modem management access until later, but in general:

config interface 'wan'
        option proto 'pppoe'
        option ipv6 '1'
        option device 'eth0.7'
        option username 'user@t-online.de'
        option password 'pass'

config interface 'wan6'
        option device '@wan'
        option proto 'dhcpv6'

config switch
        option name 'switch0'
        option reset '1'
        option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '1'
        option ports '0 1 2 4 6t'
        option vid '1'
        option description 'lan'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '7'
        option ports '5t 6t'
        option vid '7'
        option description 'wan'

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '11'
        option vid '11'
        option description 'modem'
        option ports '5 6t'

config interface 'modem'
        option proto 'static'
        option device 'eth0.11'
        option ipaddr '192.168.220.254'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'

I have checked, settings are the same.

I have sorted my /etc/config/network (without your "config switch" lines), but explicit eth0 and eth0.7 lines as stated earlier. Tomorrow I can test it.

@slh
It doesn´t work. Maybe we have a difference in the builds handling the mediatek mt7530 switch.
Even if I insert the switch config into /etc/config/network, I get some kernel errors and the lan site is down. Luckily I have console access.
Maybe I have to remove the bridge commands before using switch configuration. Testing not ended, but I have to do my job...

It doesn´t work.
Note: the mediatek target has the new dsa configuration.

is not applicable.
I tried to build a 2nd bridge device, assigned the wan interface untagged with vlan id 1 and also assigned the wan.7 interface (vlan id 7 tagged). I can call the web interface of the draytek modem, but the pppoe-interface reports in the syslog "timout waiting pad0 packets". I think, it´s a bug.
Interesting: if I assign the pppoe-interface to wan, I get "abort: user-request". Now could be a trick, the draytek modem removes the vlan tag, but I didn´t found the checkbox.

The examples above assume swconfig on ath79, lantiq or ipq806x, you can implement this with DSA as well (either by using wan.7 directly or via bridge-vlan filtering) - but I don't have experience with mediatek hardware and have just lost my VDSL a few months ago (so can't verify with DSA).

There must be a bug in newer pppoe code.
For testing purposed I changed my modem config to "handle vlan 7" and bound the pppoe device to wan instead to wan.7
2021-10-09 12_53_52-Window
That works in old build, but not in the newer one. Please note the device name for the pppoe-interface as "pppoe-wan". From where this device come? Also this device name doesn´t show up in the newer build. I would this investigate with openwrt team, but where could I report it?

Solved.
I had to trash my buildroot and start from scratch. May be I activated an incompatible module in menuconfig

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.