Avoid double NATing

Dear @All,

I have a network managed by a Mikrotik router and an OpenWRT AP in it. AP acquires its IP by statically binding DHCP, i.e. 192.168.5.149. OpenWRT AP's settings are default, WAN-LAN, and double NAT, so WiFi clients get IPs from the range 192.168.1.0/24.

I'd like to avoid the LAN zone in OpenWRT, so my WiFi clients get DHCP offers from the Mikrotik router (192.168.5.0/24) directly. I tried to associate the WiFi interface in OpenWRT with the WAN zone, but the client does not get a DHCP offer at all.

Since this is pretty much a simple requirement, is there any guide I can follow to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
Milos

Check the dumb-AP documentation in the wiki.

1 Like

Many thanks. It is actually very simple if you connect the uplink to the LAN interface :slight_smile:

hope you still followed the wiki, keeping the DHCP running on the AP, could lead to serious network issues...

1 Like

Of course @frollic! I've already experienced such issues in the past with colleagues experimenting with their own DHCP server :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.