AVM FRITZ!Box 7360 v2

Hello,

I have to switch from Fiber internet to DSL and therefore looking for basic VDSL modem (or router using just as a modem).

I came across AVM FRITZ!Box 7360 v2 and as I am not familiar with OpenWRT documentation style, I wanted to confirm that with OpenWRT DSL modem on this device will work.

In addition, I have came across following posts and I was wondering if speed issue with xrx200 was fixed.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Hi, which DSL line did you order? A friend is running 100/40 DSL line on a FB7360 without problems.

You could also take a look at the FB7530. DSL is supported but still in development:
Adding support for VRX518 (and maybe VRX320) - For Developers - OpenWrt Forum

vdsl2 to lan router is limited to ~80Mbit (vdsl2 to wifi even less)
eth wan to lan router is more than 300Mbit now
vdsl2 to lan modem will not be limited if You use 1Gbit port
ports 2 and 3 (100Mbit) are broken on 7360 ,7362sl ,7260v2 and cannot be used with trunk and 21.02.1
If Your line is using vectoring this spectial build might interest You: https://forum.openwrt.org/t/vectoring-on-lantiq-vrx200-vr9-missing-callback-for-sending-error-samples

Thank you!

My idea is to use 7360v2 in a bridge mode, just as a modem.

In that case, do I understand correctly, there shall be no speed limits?

I am sorry for all these questions, but did not have to deal with DSL on OpenWrt yet.

There will be no limits there . It will go as fast as Your line allow .

Well, there will be the hardware imposed speed limits of the integrated modem hardware - which can do vectoring, but not super-vectoring.

Im using a trunk build. VDSL ist stable with Jans patch and gives full 100 Mbit/s. Port 2 and 3 aren't broken. So I don't know what you are talking about :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I used TD-8980 for a long time, but it broke, so I chose AVM 7360 V2. But now I can't get DSL sync (ADSL2+ Annex A) . I rule out hardware problems because it works with Freetz NG. I have tried many configurations but nothing works.
Any tips?

root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/dsl_control dslstat
{
	"api_version": "4.17.18.6",
	"firmware_version": "5.8.0.11.1.1",
	"chipset": "Lantiq-VRX200",
	"driver_version": "1.5.17.6",
	"state": "Idle request",
	"up": false,
	"atu_c": {

},
	"power_state": "L3 - No power",