ath79-Support for TP-Link TL-WA901ND v3/v4/v5

Why don't you try it and report the results?

Try what exactly?

Building the image exactly like you want it to be?!

Don't expect anyone else to hand-tailor an image for you, no one has the capacity to cater for the specific requirements of any device && any user - this doesn't scale, except you, yourself.

The easy alternative would be to fix the problem in hardware, by using a supported device with sufficient hardware specifications.

From what I understand, according to the wiki you need a image builder package for the device you will be building an image for and since @adrianschmutzler started ath79 support for this specific model I was hoping they could compile an image for me or at least send me an image builder package.

I understand that the openwrt project is open source and relies on the efforts of kind volunteers and that I am not entitled to anyone's work or efforts and if I could build an image I would, but I have no idea how to (I have the linux environment and prerequisites, but know nothing else).

See https://openwrt.org/supported_devices/openwrt_on_432_devices

I have succeeded in building an image with wpad-basic-openssl (WPA3 works!), but had to forgo dnsmasq, ipv6 support, opkg and luci. Thanks for the resources

Adrian, which Image Builder link you are using to build version [TP-Link TL-WA901ND v3 ] ?

None. These devices don't meet minimum system requirements and aren't supported anymore.

--
While device support hasn't been (actively) removed from ath79-tiny (which would be the target you'd need), you'd need a bigger hammer than just imagebuilder to get an image to fit into 3904 KB - if at all.

1 Like

hi slh, yea i know its less flash 4MB and as well 32MB only , but its possible to remove un wanted packages to compile output as 4MB size.
or upgrade spi flash easy and make needed.
but the interested is: which specific model [TP-Link TL-WA901ND v3 ] only has not exist ?
and all other 4MB device still there !