Ath79 builds with all kmod packages through opkg [flow offloading]

There is also a workaround mentioned in the first post...

/etc/init.d/network reload and ubus call network reload did not work reliable...
You have to use restart instead of reload or do a reboot.

This would only occur if you change the ip of a existing interface with a ethernet device attached.

Hi @juppin
Can you porting buffalo wzh-hp-ag300h for me ? It use ar7161 chipset.

Sorry i´d like to have the devices by my own for debugging purposes.

Anyway the ar7161 has some problems with the pci driver...
@hnyman tried to get pcie wireless on wndr3700 (ar7161) working, but no success so far.

I´ve added a new build!

Changelog:

• new kernel version 4.14.53
  • usb leds now not swapped on TP-Link Archer C7

Download 4.14.53

Please read first post if you come from ar71xx

Greets

I´ve added a new build!

Changelog:

• new kernel version 4.14.54
  • include support for ath9k dynack

Download 4.14.54

Please read first post if you come from ar71xx

Greets

Nice, gotta test dynack here. Thank you man.

Is dynack about every packets, or it's just WiFi related?

Thanks for the new builds.
my setup: WDR3600 @720MHz + gigabit PPPoE.
I'm experiencing low speeds, especially upload. (the fast path build is fast enough).
any further PPPoE optimizations beside "option flow_offloading 1" that i'm missing?

It's ath9k wireless related. As if you've set in /etc/config/wireless distance = 'auto' instead of a fixed number, it compensates on the fly to the most optimal distance class. Really smart.

Someone know how to retrieve the default distance before applying dynack?

Another question is that after applied the cmd

can it survive a reboot of the router?

Edit: I just tried to execute the command, unfortunately it gave a "Not Supported" error (-122). I am pretty sure that I have the latest build installed.

Edit2: Further question, which features dynack is relying on? I am not using any sqm when I execute the command, to be clear.

You're probably trying to configure the wrong wireless device. Try phy1 or use iw list to check which is the 2.4GHz radio.

Thanks. You're right, phy1 works. Sorry for the trivial questions, I'm kinda new here.

Is iw phy1 set distance auto equilvalent to:

config wifi-device 'radio1'
option distance 'auto'

?

I ran iw phy1 set distance auto but I don't see it saving the setting to any config file in /etc/config.

Same question from me. I did asked if this command can survive a reboot.

I actually set it in Luci and it survived reboot, just entered auto in the field and saved, applied and rebooted, seemed to have taken effect and i can see it in /etc/config/wireless as well

I don´t think so... PPPoE performance is not that good with flow offloading as with SFE (QCA hack)

Thanks, that's what I did too.

So I guess two important notes for anyone who's interested in Dynack:

1. It only works on 2.4gHz radios
  2. It doesn't seem like the prescribed command (iw phy1 set distance auto) works or is persistent; instead set it via LuCI (enter auto in the Advanced tab for Distance Optimization) or modify the /etc/config/wireless file and add option distance 'auto' under the config wifi-device settings for the 2.4gHz radio

Have an Archer C7 V2 as a backup (main router now is a WRT32X)... just curious if OpenWrt 18.06 will see Ath79 officially be used on the C7, or is this further down the road? Thanks.

On OpenWRT 18.06 the ath79 target does not and will never exist...

Hello, can you also build for phicomm-k2t target?

This device hit market recently and only ath79 dts are submitted to the repo, so currently there's no available official image and corresponding kernel mods for the device.