Ath79 builds with all kmod packages through opkg [flow offloading]

I am back with some news concerning the mini PCI Wi-Fi board (the one providing the 5 GHz AC feature) hanging. My router is now using the 4.14.94-1-1a8c5132c3487c0a39281ef696b5066e firmware. I have noticed that using the ath10k-firmware-qca988x package (containing the firmware from kernel.org) the mini PCI board it not hanging. Using the default package, ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct, coming with the firmware makes the board hang every couple of days.
Later edit: I forgot to say thanks to juppin.

With Feb. 05 build, the 2.4G WiFi was down (can be connected, without internet connection though) after upgrading for several days.

I didn't recall this problem with previous versions that I've been using before.

Edit: My router is TP-Link Archer C7 v2, dynack enabled.

Edit2: The Kernel Logs is https://pastebin.com/DCkGEi3w which was pasted after execute command '\sbin\wifi' restarting WiFi.

Feb. 05 build, the 2.4G best work 4 me. tnx. tp link wdr4300

Please add support for 16 MB flash.

It is really unclear what you mean with your request (even less without specifying a particular device). Devices with 16 MB flash (e.g. archer c7-v2/ c7-v5) will have that much available - and while I can't speak for juppin, for OpenWrt in general, custom hardware means custom firmware (meaning, if you replaced the flash chip on your router, you will have to modify and build your own firmware for it). Other than for ar71xx, ath79 does (need to) hardcode the partition offsets and sizes in DTS, while there may be ways to avoid that (e.g. qcom-smem on ipq806x), those don't exist for ath79 yet (and may not be wanted either).

1 Like

TP-Link TL-WDR4300
Flash 8Mb upgrade to 16MB W25Q128FV
flashed u-boot_mod.

LEDE 17.01.6 see 16 MB flash
OpenWrt 18.06.2 see 16 MB flash
OpenWrt

OpenWrt ath79 by juppin - no

Please re-read my post, I'm pretty sure I've covered your question (in the last sentence covering the "why" and the bracketed bit before the consequences).

EDIT: Btw., don't be surprised if wlan won't work for you either - ART is defined to be found at 0x7f0000, while it won't be at that position if you replace the flash chip on your device (and without correct ART, the WLAN cards can't be initialized).

1 Like

Thank you, now I understand.

Any Archer C7 V2 users out there?

Using this build, what settings have gotten you the best performance on your Archer C7 V2?

Need to enable flow offloading it’s all.

Latest build not stable for TP-Link Archer C7 v2, it just restarted automatically for no reason.

Downgraded to 4.14.94 now.

Can you share your .config?

kernel version 4.14.99
The router works for several days without errors

Here you go:
http://openwrt.it-neuhauser.de/4.14.99-1-5e13c26e2335a0f0c214aa687fd3adab/ath79/generic/config.seed
http://openwrt.it-neuhauser.de/4.14.99-1-5e13c26e2335a0f0c214aa687fd3adab/ath79/generic/minimal/config.seed

Sorry guys, i will not update this images anymore because i use now the snapshot builds for my devices!!!

2 Likes

Hello, your server is down, can you give me instructions for build ath79 from latest stable release ?

Thanks you

The openwrt-18.06 branch doesn't have any kind of ath79 support, accordingly there are no instructions for that (and that's neither what this thread was about). If you want to use ath79, you can either use the master snapshot builds now, or wait for the next major release.

If you want to build ath79 yourself, you can do that (in master) - both from source or using imagebuilder, there is nothing ath79 specific for either of those approaches.

any one has config.seed of this project, because, there is a lot of default packages and a special conf for use 18.06 packages and build the kernel of ath79 ?

I need this because i use luci and i use wpad-full, ospf and rip routing tables

You can build an ath79 image from master a standard way. There is no "special" conf for that.
Build instructions are at the Openwrt web site. Chose ath79 target and required packages in menuconfig.

Is WNDR3700 v4 supported with ath79? If not will it ever be supported or do i finally have to change my router?

No, see https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/targets/ath79

1 Like