Ath10k-ct and 802.11s mesh - not working on Archer C7

With the "stock" ath10k drivers/firmware from master, my config is very happy in an 802.11s mesh. When I try the CT drivers (non-HTT or HTT), the mesh doesn't connect.

I note that wpa_supplicant isn't running with the CT drivers, but is with the stock drivers. I don't seen anything in the logs related to wpa_supplicant with the CT drivers. wpa-mesh in use. Configuration otherwise unchanged. There is both an AP and an 802.11s mesh node on the radio in the configuration.

Suggestions welcome (though the stock drivers seem to work OK here, there has been mumbling along the lines of "only work well with the CT drivers" here from time to time).

+# CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca988x is not set
+CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct=y

+# CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ath10k is not set
+CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ath10k-ct=y

With stock
(iw list shows mesh point in both modes and valid interface combinations)

Supported interface modes:
		 * managed
		 * AP
		 * AP/VLAN
		 * monitor
		 * mesh point
[...]
	valid interface combinations:
		 * #{ AP, mesh point } <= 8, #{ managed } <= 1,
		   total <= 8, #channels <= 1, STA/AP BI must match, radar detect widths: { 20 MHz (no HT), 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz }

With CT
(iw list shows mesh point in modes but not in valid interface combinations)

Supported interface modes:
		 * IBSS
		 * managed
		 * AP
		 * AP/VLAN
		 * monitor
		 * mesh point
		 * P2P-client
		 * P2P-GO
		 * P2P-device
[...]
	valid interface combinations:
		 * #{ managed, P2P-client } <= 16, #{ P2P-GO } <= 3, #{ AP } <= 7, #{ IBSS } <= 1,
		   total <= 16, #channels <= 1, STA/AP BI must match, radar detect widths: { 20 MHz (no HT), 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz }

According to https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers ath10k does not support mesh.

The stock ath10k driver/firmware and the associated wrappers in master work quite well for encrypted 802.11s mesh.

Problems only occur with the CT driver/firmware.

Not the first time a wiki supplies outdated and incorrect information!