Asus RT-N16 unstable with LEDE

I do. They show up on the status page and the network/wireless. This router is setup as a "dumb AP" so no FW, DNS, DHCP or WAN. Also have IPv6 off. If there is something specific you want to see from the screens or config let me know and I can post it. I am running the latest build LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d.

Mine is set up as an AP as well, but I do have 5 vlan'd wifi networks on it (trunked back to the main Lede router). When I connect and go to the overview page, I see a list of 5 wireless networks (all incorrectly listed with the same name), and when I look at the connected clients list, I get 5 entries for my one device that is connected. You don't happen to have more than one SSID on there do you? I don't want to go through the hassle of installing a newer version because the unit lives where I can't easily get to it in the case of a problem, but if I was confident the gui would report correctly I would be much encouraged to do it.

1 Like

I'm also on 17.01.4 r3560 and unfortunately having the same problem with the client list (3 SSIDs).

1 Like

I only have one SSID. Based on your post I tried a second and ultimately connected to both and streamed a little over each simultaneously. Some notes. 1. I see the same behavior you guys do in the Luci. The associated stations look "dot producted" so I see each client twice in my case (2 SSIDs) and all SSIDs read as if they are the first one. All the locations in Luci where it is listing SSIDs I only see the first SSID dupped, although when you click to details I can see the 2nd SSID information. I am guessing this is a bug in Luci but don't know that. I also couldn't figure out a way to associate the new SSID with a new interface/vlan from the GUI. So did so via SSH in the /etc/config/wireless file manually. The 2nd SSID did not work until I did this. I didn't do a whole lot of run time, but no drops or router reboots or anything. I only have one LEDE flashed router so can't prove this, but my guess is this isn't specific to the RT-N16, but that is just a guess. HTH

2 Likes

I have a similar config on another lede router (same version of sw, different hardware) that works properly with multi SSID's as far as the reporting.

Would it be a good idea to replace it with a solid cap? The closest one I found was 470uf 16v as far as solid caps go (they don't make 680uf 16v).

Has anyone tried v18 with the RT-N16 and is there any improvements?

I'm heavily taxing a couple of RT-N16s with a bleeding-edge build. I can't speak for its WiFi capabilities, but as a router it's pretty solid.

It's also worth noting that I have replaced the electrolytic caps in all of my RT-N16s. I replaced the 680uF with a 1000uF. All Nichicon PW or better caps.

1 Like

I have 18.06.1 at rt-n16. kmod-brcm-wl does not work correctly. There are the following issues:

1. Long connection or failure to receive an ip address
  2. Disconnection after 10-60 seconds

The kmod-b43 driver is fine.

1 Like

I have the same problems with kmod-brcm-wl. Did you solve them?

No, I bought xiaomi mi 3g (%

Anybody tried successfully 18.06.2 on this router?
I am seeing “ubus error”.

Have tried openwrt-18.06.4.
No wifi turned on. No USB settings touched.
No any additional software uploaded and configured.

The router restarts when download speed from WAN reaches 100Mbps.

Capacitors are fine. No issues with OEM's firmware - can get maximum speeds of my net provider flawlessly.

1 Like

aint no wonder. asus are also crap

anyone else had any experiences with 18.x ? I am considering upgrading now

anyone try 19.07 firmware? it work as ap?
thanks