ASUS RT-AX53U amsdu, ampdu, ack policy

I'm attempting to enable/disable amsdu and ampdu, and set ack policy on the asus rt-ax53u.
I see these settings on the stock firmware, but am unable to see them in uci/luci. I imagine because asus have different firmware that allows this, but I'm not sure.

I was hoping someone knew if this is possible at all on this AP with openwrt? And if not, are there any similar APs which do allow this through openwrt?

I'd even consider dual-booting at this point but that doesn't seem possible on this AP either. And I'm not sure if flashing between the two is a particularly brilliant idea for longevity.

I've attempted to use iw (iw-full) for this but it I get one of two responses:

~# iw dev phy0-ap0 set tidconf tids 0x1 ampdu off
kernel reports: unsupported TID configuration
command failed: No error information (-524)

or

~# iw dev phy0-ap0 set tidconf tids 0x1 override ampdu off
command failed: Not supported (-122)

Admittedly I don't know much about tid configuration.

I also saw that mediatek have a git with a number of patches that look to enable this through their mt76-vendor but this only results in similar:

~# mt76-vendor phy0-ap0 set ap_wireless ampdu=0
nl80211 call failed: Not supported

though this is possibly down to mis-matching versions as their main branch looks to have removed mt7915 patches and focuses on the Filogic 8x0 targets. And of course there's little documentation prior to removal the patches for MT7915.

I have also tried pulling in the feed here as a new feed and using

./scripts/feeds update -a; ./scripts/feeds install -f -p mtk_openwrt_feed -a

and by simply overwriting openwrt files directly, but it's the same story.

Don't worry I won't ask for help on unsupported patches and such, it's very likely I'm just butchering the build process somewhere anyway :slight_smile:.

But any info is much appreciated, even if its just to confirm it won't work. Thanks.

Please show

ubus call system board

You can prevent frame aggregation by setting dscp or priority of packets heading to wifi to 0xEF aka WMM "vo" or add coalesce function with 1ms target for all

{
        "kernel": "6.6.35",
        "hostname": "OpenWrt",
        "system": "MediaTek MT7621 ver:1 eco:4",
        "model": "ASUS RT-AX53U",
        "board_name": "asus,rt-ax53u",
        "rootfs_type": "squashfs",
        "release": {
                "distribution": "OpenWrt",
                "version": "SNAPSHOT",
                "revision": "r26844-37636a8752",
                "target": "ramips/mt7621",
                "description": "OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r26844-37636a8752"
        }
}

Sorry, not sure what logs, configs, etc. would be helpful in this case.

settting packets to vo

I hadn't thought of that, I'll give that a go, thanks!

add coalesce function with 1ms target for all

Perhaps I've posted in the wrong channel, I'm not sure how I'd do that, but I shall go and find out. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions!

You can do it in firewall or tc filter, you can set full dscp, or just priority.