Asus Router -AC1200 has Raspi and two partitions?

A little off-topic, but since you are interested in "safety" (I think you mean "security"), it's important to understand that security is a problem of multiple points of protection.

A few considerations -

The router - strong passwords, open ports, firewall config, wifi security

The network - split between the router (WAN to LAN protection) and devices (LAN to LAN protection).

The device - strong passwords, firewall config, OS patching, AV/AM protection.

The applications - application patching, permission levels, sandboxing.

The account - Standard User or Administrator. Principle of "least privilege".

The data - Frequent disk imaging, frequent backups of volatile data between images, testing backups, storing copies offline.

A checklist prefaced with "Do I use", "Do I have", "Do I do", on the appropriate line item, makes it easy to go down that list.

I explained this already:

I wasn't aware that you didn't believe that the equipment at the far-end of the connection (i.e. your ISP) needs a MAC too. Others mentioned this as well. You still haven't considered the fact that all Ethernet devices need a MAC, including the device the ISP uses to connect you.

Connecting only the laptop to the modem would likely prove this. you should only see 2 MACs, the laptop and the ISP equipment. :wink:

As someone else already noted, you haven't shown anything that demonstrated someone accessed your network.

1 Like

That DHCP broadcast packet is not something that an ISP would normally send toward a customer, since the customer's router is just going to ignore it. The ISP network seems to have an incorrect setup. It does not appear to be anything malicious.

1 Like