ZyXEL NBG6817 (Armor Z2) recover disk partition

How boot initramfs? With zloader?

Which command boot by tftp?

Isn't it like the next post, in the thread you had already found at Armor z2 formatting main disk - #5 by user090909

No tftpboot command available on this zloader

Only this commands are available

help                                                                                        
ATBT    x         block0 write enable (1=enable, 0=disable)                                          
ATWM    x         set MAC address in working buffer                                                  
ATEN    x[,y]     set BootExtension Debug Flag (y=password)                                          
ATSE    x         show the seed of password generator                                                
ATWZ    x[,y,z]   write ZyXEL MAC addr, Country code, HTP flag                                       
ATCB              copy from FLASH to working buffer                                                  
ATSB              save working buffer to FLASH                                                       
ATSH              dump manufacturer related data in ROM                                              
ATCO    x         set country code in working buffer                                                 
ATFL    x         set HTP flag in working buffer                                                     
ATSN    x         set serial number in FLASH ROM                                                     
ATGU              go back to master loader                                                           
ATCL              erase U-Boot environment, should be reboot                                         
ATCR              erase rootfs_data partition                                                        
ATRT    [x,y,z,u] RAM read/write test (x=level, y=start addr, z=end addr, u=iterations)              
ATGO              boot up whole system                                                               
ATUR    x         upgrade RAS image (filename)                                                       
ATUB    x         upgrade ZLD image (filename)                                                       
ATUG              upgrade GPT partition table on EMMC (gpt_main1.bin, gpt_backup1.bin)               
ATUD    x         upgrade ROMD image (filename)                                                      
ATCD              erase RomD partition                                                               
ATLD    x,[y]     load file X to memory address Y via TFTP                                           
ATMB    [x,y]     upgrade firmware image by multiboot                                                
ATDU    x[,y]     dump memory or registers                                                           
ATWW    x,y,z     set memory or registers(x=address, y=value, z=len)                                 
ATER    x,y       erase flash from block X to block Y                                                
ATRF    x,y[,z]   read/dump flash to ram/console(x=flash offset, y=len, z=ram address)               
ATWF    x,y,z     write data from RAM to flash(x=RAM address, y=flash offset, z=len)                 
ATDS    x,y       dump data of spare area in page Y of block X                                       
ATSWF   x         switch flash type for command ATER,ATRF,ATWF(x=0(NOR), 1(NAND))                    
ATCMP   x,y,z     compare two memory space x and y with length is z                                  
ATLED   [x,y]     set LED (x=led no, y=blink mode)                                                   
ATPIO   x[,y[,z]] set GPIO (x={d|s|w|r}, y=pio num, z=write data)     

OpenWrt support for Zyxel PMG5617GA, first GPON support !? - #8 by bmork, unless it's the part you wiped.

ATGU should drop you into u-boot.

Now it cant boot it

I upload initramfs to router and then run it with command bootm with address.
I use address from output of tftpboot

Last step guys. Pls help

@frollic @slh

I wrote patrition and

It dont boot

How to write this things from sysupgrade? I wrote with dd if=file.bin of=target

P.S i did it. I wrote it to wrong part

P.P.S i will write a guid what to do in this situations

Then post the reason to the failed boot.

1 Like

Boot the initramfs then download the sysupgrade image and run sysupgrade. Often the sysupgrade script will take care of formatting the MMC flash for you and writing OpenWrt kernel and rootfs to the correct places. Poking around in the flash directly should be a last resort.

1 Like

I load openwrt but i cant save any config or file. Because rom load without other files. What i need to do? I tried to do overlayfs but it raise an error
@slh

Scp or wget the image @slh posted, and do the sysupgrade.

Did you already, were there any errors?

Which image? I dont understand

Then perhaps you should tell us, instead if winging it, and risking breaking stuff even further.

What part did you understand?

I need download sysupgrade. Untar it and write root it to rootfs patrition. But i dont understand which @slh image i need to get. I tried a lot sysupgrade images and it dosent work

You shouldn't unpack, nor should you write it, the sysupgrade command will do it for you.

Sysupgrade image link is at https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/zyxel/zyxel_nbg6817. Use the 22.02 image.